close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best Place To Buy An Arai Helmet?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by WERA49, Nov 30, 2004.

1. WERA49

WERA49

Jul 26, 2003
    Ohio
    Arai Quantum's are my favorite helmet. I need a new one. My dealer wants $499 for the Re-Entry Quantum II that I like.

I know that Arai has a policy of dealer sales only. I understand why. My question is, which dealer has the best prices on Arai's?

Eyespy, maybe you'll know. I've not bought a helmet in approx. five years.

2. RBR

RBR

Apr 18, 2001
    Texas
    I picked-up my Arai Quantum-f Re-Entry on Ebay for $290.00. Ebay dealer was powersport-closeouts and everything was fine (brand new in the box/tags etc..). Most store-fronts were asking $550.00 retail for it.

The Quantum-f, although very comfortable, has a lot of wind-noise so I alway wear my plugs with it.

I guess Arai felt that discount warehouses were diminishing their brand image. But as long as you know your size why not order & save money?

3. WERA49

WERA49

Jul 26, 2003
    Ohio
    I've heard about helmet scams on eBay.

I've not looked on eBay in approx. a month. I'll check again.

4. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

Feb 28, 2000
    Neither here nor there
    My boss bought his Arai on Ebay for $275, brand new. There are a couple good dealers there, just check the feedback before you bid.

5. k12lts

k12lts

Mar 18, 2004
    Indiana
    I've bought an Arai and a Shoei on Ebay. Sometimes you have to wait a while for the one you want to be availble but I you are patient you can get a deal

Check the sellers feedback and watch out for excessive shipping charges. There are deals to be had.

6. WERA49

WERA49

Jul 26, 2003
    Ohio
    I've looked on eBay. All that is available are the Quantum F, not the Quantum II. The new model has a removable liner and comes in a color that I like better.

My Quantum E has been an excellent helmet.

I've got time. I won't need a new helmet until Spring. Surely, I can find a decent price by then.

7. Jayock

Jayock

Dec 8, 2004
    Boulder, Colorado
    I order all my stuff from MRI - www.ridersinc.com; I always shop around for anything I buy, and have never found a better price on anything ive been looking for. Great customer service too.

8. Eyespy

Eyespy Proud Infidel

Sep 2, 2004
    Southern California
    I am preferential to Shoei helmets, so I have not kept pace with retail pricing trends on Arai or other helmet brands. Especially ever since Arai introduced their B&M dealer only sales policy. It's been quite a long time since I have had any need to visit any retail motorcycle accessories physical location, because of other resources and affiliations available to me. I'm sorry I was of no help in this instance.

9. Jayock

Jayock

Dec 8, 2004
    Boulder, Colorado
    One thing I love about shoei is that they will inspect your helmet after a drop or crash for free.

10. RoyG

RoyG NSDQ

Apr 21, 2004
    NC(back home now)
    They don't have Arai helmets, but they do have most other makes. Also they have pretty good closeouts on last years styles.

Motorcyle Super Store

11. beemerphile

beemerphile CLM

Dec 6, 2001
    Danielsville, GA
    I just bought an Arai Quantum on eBay for $125! It was nearly new and when I got it I could not tell that it had ever been worn. I watched for about a month before the right one came along that didn't get bid up past my strike price. If you know the size and will settle for a solid color, you can do well there. I agree that the Arai Quantum is the best lid yet for my head. Arai Signets and Shoeis are both too oblong for me. - Lee

12. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Dec 18, 2004
    California
    Try CycleGear.com They have great prices

13. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I got my quantum-f with the raptor color onebay for about $200. It was barely used, and still had that new-helmet smell. I feel I got an awesome price on an awesome helmet.

Again check ebay.

14. Glockfather

Glockfather

Dec 14, 2004
    I've used Brockton Cycle for Arai helmets before. Very good pricing.

www.brocktoncycle.com

Ask for Ed.