close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best place for .223 and 9mm

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by fiveOH302, Oct 5, 2009.

1. fiveOH302

fiveOH302

Dec 26, 2008
    Was looking at buying some bulk ammo for the range, and was wondering of the best places to look for .223 and 9mm. I was looking at the "canned heat" from Georgia Ammo, but wanted to get input from others. Thanks in advance.

2. durian00

durian00

Jul 6, 2007
    Virginia
    - ammoman.com

- Aimsurplus

3. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Did the GTer who had issues with Eric the Ammoman ever get resolution to his problem?!?!?

Scott

For me locally, the best place in person is Dominion Outdoors in Fishersville. Tood is good people. And so are his people.....

http://www.dominionoutdoors.com/

4. fiveOH302

fiveOH302

Dec 26, 2008
    Looking at the bulk prices at AIMsurplus and Georgia Arms, but also saw on some of the ammo pricing websites that Brown Bear is cheaper. Seems that there is a lot of back in forth on whether or not it is good for any firearm and worth the savings. Not sure if I should just spend the extra on the the American made brass, or go with the Russian steel casings. Thoughts?

5. Olivers_AR

Olivers_AR

Dec 27, 2007
    Dulles, VA
    Part of the answer is do you reload? If so , then saving the brass or saving the brass for fellow GTers :cool: that reload would be great. If you don't reload, then how much do you train or is this match or SHTF ammo, if its just plinking or training ammo, go for the inexpensive alternative, if its for match, high priced training, self-defense or SHTF, then I might buy better. Shot Wolf, Brown Bear, Tiger, etc out of ARs and 9mm without any problems, might have to clean the weapons, but that's a different story.

6. rwrjr

rwrjr

May 25, 2007
    Northern VA
    Have you tried your local Walmart, especially for 9mm? Mine has been getting more ammo in regularly. WWB, 9mm, 115gr FMJ, 100 round boxes for $20. I have some canned heat from GA but they don't come close to the WM price and they're reloads.

In the past I've ordered a lot from Natchez, AIM, ammoman.com, Outdoor Marksman, and a few others before the ammo shortage hit. Since then it's either hard to find or high priced online. Hopefully that will change soon. For now I just try to replace what I shoot and grab it a Walmart.