Best non glock tool 4 mag work

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Davers, Dec 27, 2012.

1. I DO NOT CURRENTLY OWN A GLOCK TOOL 'factory'. BUT ALL I REALLY NEED IS A TOOL TO ADD NEW BASE PLATES TO MY G26 MAGS .I BELIEVE A 1/32 OR SIMILAR TYPE PUNCH WILL WORK.AM I CORRECT? I THANK EVERYONE 4 ANY HELP. Davers OUT!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. RPVG

3/32" pin punch.

4. And please turn off the caps lock key.

[​IMG]

5. If it is just for the magazine base plate my guess is that about anything that will fit in there should work. At the risk of being heretical, I have used the awl on the Swiss army knife.

6. A drill bit works fine for me.

7. I actually prefer the pin punch to my Glock tool, it's just heavier and fits better in my hand. Any big box home store should have them, for less than the Glock tool and no shipping.

8. RPVG

What he said.

9. I just did this myself, and I used a 3/32" punch. The trick is to have a punch long enough to flip the inner magazine floor piece vertical.

I put Pierce +1 mag extensions on both of my factory G26 mags, and one factory baseplate was a complete bear to get off, and the other factory baseplate came off "relatively" easily.

I followed this video: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3311761&postcount=7

#8 F-111 John, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  10. For myself the handiest tool I have found is a screw driver that accepts the allen bits.
    I use a allen bit that fits inside the base plate hole,I have found that the driver gives me the leverage to be able to get the base plates off without the use of anything else.
    I like many others have had problems using my Glock disassembly tool but not so since I started using a bit driver,I can get the leverage on it and they just pop off. SJ 40

11. Sounds like I will be using a quality punch 4 my mag work . I Thank all for their reply's .... EXCEPT Clarkz71 .IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ OR REPLY MY BORED & ANAL FRIEND !!!

12. What they said.
    Sempr Fi

13. I advise you to use the "ignore" feature this forum
    has if you don't like my polite request to turn off the caps. Nobody likes it, trust me.

ALL CAPS IS LIKE YELLING ON THE INTERNET.

Don't believe me??
    How many other posts do you see here all caps smart guy??

I said please, next time I'll just contact a moderator and you can smart talk them.

#12 clarkz71, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  14. I use a chisel and hammer...ok that was a joke. Any steel punch that will fit will work.

15. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

G26 mags can be difficult to open up, especially when they're new and/or the person doing it is inexperienced.

Help (if needed) can be found at http://www.mygtul.com/index.php

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Pin Punch, allen wrench, whatever is handy.