close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best Night Sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Two-Six, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Two-Six

Two-Six Senior Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Planning on grabbing some night sights, As of now I have my eyes on Trijicons just wanted to know if there was anything better? Or how good the Trijicons are?

2. Two-Six

Two-Six Senior Member

Jan 2, 2011
    "As of now I have my eyes on Trijicons"-No pun intended haha

3. tuf8seconds

tuf8seconds TEXAS COWBOY

Sep 1, 2010
    TEXAS/FL
    I have the same questions as you do...I bet you get so many different opinions and you still wont have a definitive answer to your question....I bet there aint no way to try 'em before you buy 'em either.

4. DustinU

DustinU

Sep 10, 2009
  5. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    Nothing wrong with Glock night sights. I have them on my G22 RTF2

6. Glockpimp

Glockpimp

Jan 16, 2011
    SC
    i have always used Trijicons or Glock factory sights. i'm going to pick up a set of Warren sights for my 22 which uses Trijicon lamps also.

7. Two-Six

Two-Six Senior Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Ive never really paid for armorers work before, (usually do it myself) Whats a good price for install, Dnt have the time to do it.

8. Two-Six

Two-Six Senior Member

Jan 2, 2011
    This is also my first glock, I have the regular 3dot sights on my sr9 and sr9c, that why I want the 3 dot nights, i prefer that to the glock factory style.

9. You can send it back to Glock and they will do it for you. Right now though there is a long wait to get it turned around.

10. Two-Six

Two-Six Senior Member

Jan 2, 2011

Not sure id wanna wait for it. I would probaly just have my local gun store do it, just wanted an Idea on a good price

11. Two-Six

Two-Six Senior Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Thinking the Trijicons over the truglo

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  12. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Jul 24, 2008
    Tempe, Arizona
    When I get my sights from Glockmeister, they install fo freeeeee

13. There is nothing wrong with the Glock sights in my opinion. I have had them in the past. The 23 that I am carrying now has the trijicons. I can't see any noticeable difference.

Glock is not putting them on the gen 4 guns.

14. Two-Six

Two-Six Senior Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Glock is putting which sights on Gen 4's

15. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    I prefer the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro (Trijicon) set with the Hackathorn (Hack) front sight (Trijicon green tritium tube with orange outline) and wide U-notch rear sight with single, yellow tritium dot. I have the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro green/yellow set (GL-204 pictured below) on my G30SF .45ACP pistol. The product model is GL-202 for the G19 9mm.
    [​IMG]

AmeriGlo offers a green/green version too (GL-201 for G19, GL-203 for G30).

The yellow tritium at the rear sight is definitely not as bright as the green, but that's a characteristic I prefer. Under conditions of near total darkness and heightened anxiety, I feel the brighter green tritium focuses attention on the front sight and can't be confused with the rear sight as it might if both were green dots of nearly equal brightness.

I also much prefer a two-dot night sight configuration over a three dot system (two at rear). I believe a three dot system is more distracting, slower to get aligned on target and more prone to confuse the shooter in near total darkness. It's just my opinion and a personal preference. Some shooters like a tritium front sight only with a plain black rear sight, but I prefer something on the rear sight to index front and rear in total darkness just in case it's needed.

The orange outline on the Hack front sight really stands out in daylight. The bright front sight and wide notch on the rear sight make for very fast target acquisition in normal indoor and outdoor light. The orange color on the front sight is painted on, but it's claimed to be very durable. Even so, I avoid exposing it to harsh cleaning solvents to be on the safe side.

Some shooters prefer the Meprolight tritium tubes because brightness is their top priority. The characteristic I look for is a sharp, well-defined dot and Trijicons excel in that category whereas the Meprolights are more a glowing orb in appearance.

AmeriGlo offers a 10% discount using Promo Code: GLOCKTALK

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  16. Grinchster

Grinchster

Aug 25, 2010
    Palmetto State
    I have tru glow on my 23. Trijicon on my Kimber UC2. Can't see any difference in the two. I guess time will tell which one will outshine the other the longest.

17. They are only putting night sights on the 25th anniversary. For now there will not be any night sights installed on gen4. This according to there techs.

I know there is none available with ns from the distributors. You may find a few gen4's from last year available.

18. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Meprolight and Glock use Meprolight tubes. All others use trijicon tubes. All are good. Best is a personal preference. I prefer the options available at www.ameriglo.com

19. one73maro

one73maro

Feb 23, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    I have the trijicons on my G23 and my P220. Then a set of the TFO's on my G27. The trijicons glow nice and bright in the dark but in the daylight you just see the white dots. Now the TFO's they glow just as bright in the dark. But in the daylight and low light conditions the TFO's are amazing. I plan on getting the TFO's for all of my future night site needs.