Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Best Night Sights For Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Restless28, Mar 8, 2011.

1. I'm thinking about ordering another Glock, possibly a 19.

I want night sights. I want the best sights for the buck.
  2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I'm a huge fan of XS Big Dots.

3. SkippyThe

Aug 9, 2000
    Ditto on the XS sights. I love them. But what it comes down to is what sight picture you like the best. ST
  4. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    I have Glock night sights on one and Trijicon on another. I like them both. However, I have shot several Glocks that have Ameriglo, Big Dot and other different manufactures. I am thinking of the Ameriglo TFO for my soon coming G20; I like the fiber optics in the day and dawn period.

IMO, its a trial and error, kind of like holsters; one may fit/feel good to 10 people but to you it may be too much. If you know wome folks that have the different sights, I owuld encourage you to check them out during different times during the day, dusk and night.

A lot depends on your eyes.

Good Luck!

5. rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Lots of good sight setups. I set all my guns up with a black rear and front FO or NS. If you like the 3 dot setup, i would recommend getting contrasting colors, so you dont get things confused when pulling up in low light or no light. The XS sight looks very promising even though ive never used one. Also, Ameriglo's new sight's their putting on the EXO glocks is very nice. It is a big red dot up front w/ tritium insert, and a single tritium dot in the rear
  6. BWT

Apr 27, 2010
    Save your money, go with the Glock. We have those on the issue pistols and the do ever bit as good as the set I have on my own M30SF for twice the price.
  7. Go with the glock night sites. They rock, and they are usually the cheapest. They are tennifer treated and offer the best warranty around.
  8. Proc

Oct 4, 2007
    I like the Heinie straight eights personally i find them to work the best for my needs.
  9. glockvit

glockvit Glock Sportsman

Dec 19, 2010
    Pompano Beach, Fl
    Trijicon or Glock are my choice.
  10. Glockpimp

Jan 16, 2011
    i have had both Trijicons and Glock OEM's and never had a problem with either. the Trijicons seem to be a bit brighter, but that's about it. i'm going to pick up a set of these very soon.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  11. turbo54

Mar 11, 2010
    I have a set of true dots on my PM9 and they are HANDS DOWN the brightest and best night sights I've seen. I love them, and want the rest if my pistols to have them!
  12. I have Meps on mine and they are very bright :wavey:
  13. If Trijicon's were the same price as Glock night sights, I would go with Trijicon's. But they are not, so I go with Glock night sights. Many will argue that you should not "cheap out" on something that might save your life, but Glock night sights do the job. I simply prefer Trijis for the range.
  14. madAB

Jan 12, 2009
    I just got a set of Ameriglo I dots with the orange outlined front and I'm liking them.
  15. Gperfection

Sep 27, 2005
    N.E. Colorado
    My vote:Glock Night Sights. I've installed Mepro's, Trijicon, Xpress, Novak's, Glock and others. Out of them all, the Glocks are cheapest and I like the fact the front sight fits the oval hole in the slide with no play in it. Many of the others require the installer to make sure the front sight is lined up (straight) on the slide when tightened. Why not just make it fit right like Glock does? Plus, the rear sight fits the dovetail perfectly too.
  16. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    +1 for AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro

I prefer the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro set with the Hackathorn (Hack) front sight and wide U-notch rear sight with a single, yellow tritium dot. The Hack front sight is a Trijicon green tritium tube with an orange outline. I have the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro green/yellow set (GL-204) on my G30SF .45ACP pistol. The product model is GL-202 for the G19 9mm. A photo link is provided below (zoom with click, warning: big file for dial-up speed):

AmeriGlo offers a green/green version too (GL-201 for G19, GL-203 for G30).

The yellow tritium at the rear sight is definitely not as bright as the green, but that's a characteristic I prefer. Under conditions of near total darkness and heightened anxiety, I feel the brighter green tritium focuses attention on the front sight and can't be confused with the rear sight as it might if both were green dots of nearly equal brightness.

I also much prefer a two-dot night sight configuration over a three dot system (two at rear). I believe a three dot system is more distracting, slower to get aligned on target and more prone to confuse the shooter in near total darkness. It's just my opinion and a personal preference. Some shooters like a tritium front sight only with a plain black rear sight, but I prefer something on the rear sight to index front and rear in total darkness just in case it's needed.

The orange outline on the Hack front sight really stands out in daylight. The bright front sight and wide notch on the rear sight make for very fast target acquisition in normal indoor and outdoor light. The orange color on the front sight is painted on, but it's claimed to be very durable. Even so, I avoid exposing it to harsh cleaning solvents to be on the safe side.

Some shooters prefer the Meprolight tritium tubes or TruGlo TFO sights because brightness is their top priority. To suit my eyesight, the characteristic I look for is a sharp, well-defined dot and Trijicons excel in that category whereas the Meprolights are more a glowing orb in appearance. Read the post from GT member RayB about TruGlo TFO issues before making a decision to go with them. RayB has written an excellent summary of various brands of night sights that every prospective buyer should read to learn more about them.

AmeriGlo offers a 10% discount using Promo Code: GLOCKTALK
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  17. striker6126

Jul 3, 2008
    I just put xs big dots on my third glock. I like them so much I became a dealer .
  18. eastx

Mar 3, 2009
    I got Tru GLos on my 19, not the TFO, just the TRU GLO nite sites, they are super bright
  19. TSAX

Jun 5, 2010