close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best night sights for gen 2 G22?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by dnguillory, Jan 23, 2011.

1. dnguillory

dnguillory Vincent Vega

Dec 25, 2010
    I am looking for some opinions on best sights for my Gen 2 G22. I swear I shoot Glocks much better with the old standard fixed sights than I ever have with night sights. My accuracy is terrible on this old G22 compared to my Gen3 G21 with STD fixed sites. I love the gun but need to improve accuracy. Could it be barrel or slide causing inconsistency, besides the normal user error and sights? I mean I really shoot extremely well with the G21 and have shot well with every gen 3Glock I've owned. I don't shoot half as good with the Gen2 G22 or G19. Any thoughts? Please try to assume it's not a skill issue and really shed some light on this for me. FYI, the sights I have on it are not glowing and it's time to replace anyway.
    Thanks

2. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

Jun 1, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Glock OEM night sights work great and stay bright for years. I have them on all my Glocks except for my G3n 4 22. I got Mepro's on it.

3. TmoGTO

TmoGTO

Aug 30, 2010
    Illinois
    Cant go wrong with meprolights or trijicons. But if i had to choose one id say trijicon. Have em on both my 23 and 27.

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
  5. I have a G22 with worn factory night sights as well, and I have been eying the TruGlow TFO's

6. repolady

repolady Legal Thief

Nov 26, 2010
    O_H_I_O
    A vote for Ameriglos! have the Ghost ring style ones on my G29 and I LOVE THEM. I was unsure @ first but they are the cats meow!

7. Roger G23

Roger G23 Glock Guy

Jun 3, 2010
    The Gunshine State
    When you get a Glock new with "Glock stock night sights", they are actually Mepros, correct?

8. pbs357

pbs357

Jan 10, 2010
    SW PA
    Seems to me if you're a long time Glock shooter and this night-sighted G22 is giving you problems, it probably the 3dot formation of the sights. I personally have not installed NS because of how much I prefer the stock sights during the day and low light versus a 3 dot sight picture. If there was some way to have night sights and yet retain the white dot/white box of the stock sights, I'd be all over it.

9. ajstrider

ajstrider Silent Warrior

Apr 17, 2005
    Western Kentucky
    I like to go with a Trijicon night sight up front, and a plain black sight in the rear, generally a Novak low mount, but there are others. A wider rear sight is easier on the eyes too. This makes for a nice fast sight acquisition and really helps me focus on that front sight like I am suppose to. Plus this is a cheap alternative since you already have a night sight up front, you just need to buy a black rear sight which is generally fairly cheap, 30 to 40 bucks for some, a lot better than trying a whole new pair of night sights.

10. glockvit

glockvit Glock Sportsman

Dec 19, 2010
    Pompano Beach, Fl
    Trijicon Night Sights, my choice, or Glock Night Sights (the most cost effective)

11. TcRoc

TcRoc Phillies Fan !!

Jul 23, 2007
    SouthEast, Pa.

+1 for Ameriglo !!

12. dvrdwn72

dvrdwn72

Nov 26, 2010
    I too shoot my glocks better with stock sights over 3 dot night sights. I am also in search of sights for my 22

13. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

Jun 1, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Yes, they make them for Glock.