close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best night sights for gen 2 G22?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by dnguillory, Jan 23, 2011.

1. dnguillory

dnguillory
    Expand Collapse
    Vincent Vega

I am looking for some opinions on best sights for my Gen 2 G22. I swear I shoot Glocks much better with the old standard fixed sights than I ever have with night sights. My accuracy is terrible on this old G22 compared to my Gen3 G21 with STD fixed sites. I love the gun but need to improve accuracy. Could it be barrel or slide causing inconsistency, besides the normal user error and sights? I mean I really shoot extremely well with the G21 and have shot well with every gen 3Glock I've owned. I don't shoot half as good with the Gen2 G22 or G19. Any thoughts? Please try to assume it's not a skill issue and really shed some light on this for me. FYI, the sights I have on it are not glowing and it's time to replace anyway.
    Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd
    Expand Collapse

Glock OEM night sights work great and stay bright for years. I have them on all my Glocks except for my G3n 4 22. I got Mepro's on it.

3. TmoGTO

TmoGTO
    Expand Collapse

Cant go wrong with meprolights or trijicons. But if i had to choose one id say trijicon. Have em on both my 23 and 27.

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

5. MisterB

MisterB
    Expand Collapse

I have a G22 with worn factory night sights as well, and I have been eying the TruGlow TFO's

6. repolady

repolady
    Expand Collapse
    Legal Thief

A vote for Ameriglos! have the Ghost ring style ones on my G29 and I LOVE THEM. I was unsure @ first but they are the cats meow!

7. Roger G23

Roger G23
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Guy

When you get a Glock new with "Glock stock night sights", they are actually Mepros, correct?

8. dnguillory

dnguillory
    Expand Collapse
    Vincent Vega

Reply folks.

9. pbs357

pbs357
    Expand Collapse

Seems to me if you're a long time Glock shooter and this night-sighted G22 is giving you problems, it probably the 3dot formation of the sights. I personally have not installed NS because of how much I prefer the stock sights during the day and low light versus a 3 dot sight picture. If there was some way to have night sights and yet retain the white dot/white box of the stock sights, I'd be all over it.

10. ajstrider

ajstrider
    Expand Collapse
    Silent Warrior

I like to go with a Trijicon night sight up front, and a plain black sight in the rear, generally a Novak low mount, but there are others. A wider rear sight is easier on the eyes too. This makes for a nice fast sight acquisition and really helps me focus on that front sight like I am suppose to. Plus this is a cheap alternative since you already have a night sight up front, you just need to buy a black rear sight which is generally fairly cheap, 30 to 40 bucks for some, a lot better than trying a whole new pair of night sights.

11. glockvit

glockvit
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Sportsman

Trijicon Night Sights, my choice, or Glock Night Sights (the most cost effective)

12. Fragadelic

Fragadelic
    Expand Collapse

TruGlo TFO's or AmeriGlos

13. TcRoc

TcRoc
    Expand Collapse
    Phillies Fan !!

+1 for Ameriglo !!

14. dvrdwn72

dvrdwn72
    Expand Collapse

I too shoot my glocks better with stock sights over 3 dot night sights. I am also in search of sights for my 22

15. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd
    Expand Collapse

Yes, they make them for Glock.