close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best method to conceal a baby Glock G27?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rajbcpa, Aug 2, 2013.

1. rajbcpa

rajbcpa
    Expand Collapse

I'm about to buy one for self defense. I think it is too big for a pocket carry, however. I'm 5'6" and 200lbs.

If pocket carry will work, what holster is best? If pocket does not work, what are my options?

Thx...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Boot Stomper

Boot Stomper
    Expand Collapse

One option you may want to look into is the Remora. You can use the Remora inside the waistband and in the pocket. The Desanti Nemesis is also a popular pocket holster.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/99...-w-m-and-p-shield-taurus-709-slim-nylon-black

My favorite carry is outside the waistband with leather holster. Bianchi Snaplok or Carrylok. The most comfortable for all day carry. Get a good CC belt.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-82-Carrylok-Hip-Holster/dp/B0002IKE56"]Amazon.com: Bianchi 82 Carrylok Hip Holster - Size: 11D Glock 26 27 (Black, Right Hand): Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CH2L9-RhL.@@AMEPARAM@@51CH2L9-RhL[/ame]

#2 Boot Stomper, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7
    Expand Collapse

Depending on the pockets you can pocket carry a G27. Jeans probably not the best pockets but cargo shorts work fine for me although I don't really pocket carry my G27. I'd recommend remora, Alabama Holster company, or de santis for a pocket holster. If not I'd say carry it IWB. I use a a Galco King Tuck for IWB carry.

4. tricked splash

tricked splash
    Expand Collapse

I have carried owb in a leather holster, cobra I think, it worked good but I just got an infidel holster and it is by far the best iwb holster I have ever used. Comfortable and easy to pull from. Highly recommended

5. DbleTrouble

DbleTrouble
    Expand Collapse

So if you are pocket carrying in cargo shorts wouldn't you worry about the G27 falling out of your pocket in certain situations? Let's say when sitting up in a chain or getting into a car?

6. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg
    Expand Collapse
    BTF Inventor

Pocket carry isn't as stable or accessible as I require. Any belt mounted holster on a gunbelt will conceal a 27 well. Try a glock sport on any quality gunbelt.

7. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

There are plenty of options. My brother is issued an ankle holster for his Glock 27 and uses it, but I consider it too big for ankle carry in most clothes (especially in Galco's holsters). I either carry it on my belt with a shirt over it, inside my waistband, or in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster. I also consider it way too big for pocket carry and I assume the people who pocket carry a 26/27 are either giants or fat guys with really big pants.

8. Buffyfan

Buffyfan
    Expand Collapse

If I can speculate without being indelicate, I believe the OP is asking because at his weight he finds it difficult to carry on the waistband. I would suggest a 5.11 shirt, moving it off your waist. Just be careful because you have to sweep yourself a bit drawing from under the armpit.

Good luck!

9. AK47Man

AK47Man
    Expand Collapse
    Expert Marksman

10. Atwater

Atwater
    Expand Collapse

Consider an ankle holster. I have started using a De Santis Apache ankle holster with Dockers. I can even use it with jeans. Dockers are best. Nobody looks at your feet.

11. TheBigCroaker

TheBigCroaker
    Expand Collapse

Although I use an ankle holster (infrequently) and an OWB leather holster, and on occasion an IWB Remora or Sticky, my most comfortable carry is an OWB-SOB at 5 o'clock. Conceals well with an overshirt and is accessible even when sitting down or in a car.
    I know lots of people carry on about falling on your back and damaging your spine when carrying SOB, IMHO it's very unlikely and further lessened by carrying at 5 o'clock instead in the center of your back. I guarantee you will love the comfort. I have a Galco leather SOB holster I paid about $80 for a few years ago, and a leather holster by Shado (a Florida outfit) that works fine for about $35.
    A hybrid IWB carried at 4-5 o'clock like CrossBreed or Old Faithful is also comfortable but requires one size larger pants and is a little slower to access.

12. Ron36105

Ron36105
    Expand Collapse

I carry my G27 daily in a MIC holster they are $20. I also have a drawer full of other quality holster's but my MIC works very well for me and my G27. I wear dickie shorts a size big and a T shirt and i am good to go very comfertable. Try it $20 cant go wrong for that price.

13. tango44

tango44
    Expand Collapse

I pocket carry my G26 for the last 4 year with no problems at all!

14. DEE50

DEE50
    Expand Collapse

IMHO pocket carry would be difficult with that much weight. I would start by getting a Galco concealable belt holster and a beltman belt.

15. WT

WT
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I tried the Glock in pocket carry with the Kramer holster. Way too big for me. I relegated it to IWB at 4:00 o'clock position.

I don't trust it AIWB.

An ankle holster may work for some people.