close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best mags for Beretta 92FS?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock1963, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Glock1963

Glock1963

Oct 16, 2007
    I am pretty new to the Beretta scene. I've always thought that the 92FS and/or M9 was a fine looking pistol and I got a chance to trade with a friend so I did.

Mine is an Italian version. I've read enough to know that it makes little difference if it's an Italian or American gun overall. However, I want to pick up some extra mags and I see that there are Italian mags available. Should I lean toward picking up "Italian" magazines from Beretta or would either work just as well?

I went to the Beretta Forum and buzzed around there for a while but I didn't see anything mag-related.

I also see that their stainless mags are quite a bit higher than their blued versions? Mine is a blued gun but I want the best mag for my $.

If you were in my situation and looking to pick up 4-5 of the best factory magazines you could get, which one(s) would you get? Is it worth getting the 17 rounders over the 15?

Thanks!

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Mec Gar. 18 rounds flush fit or 20 with a small extension. Perfectly reliable, and the price is generally on par or a bit less than Beretta branded mags.

3. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    I'd get some mec-gars and call it a day. Mec-gars are high quality and OEM for some manufacturers.

4. Glock1963

Glock1963

Oct 16, 2007
    I'd prefer to stick with factory magazines. I am neurotic about that sort of thing.

5. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Bought my father in law two of the Mecgar 18rd mags for Christmas last year. They have been 100% reliable. They are also very affordable. I bought them on sale from Cheaperthandirt for $17.99 each.

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    You're missing out.

7. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I have no problems running Mecgars in Sigs and Berettas as they are the magazine manufacturer for them.

Other than that I side with you and only run factory mags.

8. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

9. ranger1968

ranger1968

Mar 23, 2009
    This.

Mec-Gar mags are top of the line; as good, or in many cases, better than OEM mags.

10. banger

banger

Nov 8, 2005
    Where evil lives
    You and me both...factory only...

Except Beretta's, I also like the M.D.S. (which is actually factory, simply different markings).

11. MDS is Beretta's mag supplier as they are owned by Beretta and of course work like they should. MecGar mags are excellent. I have them for my Beretta's and CZ's and have never had a fit or function problem. I belive they are CZ's mag supplier. Checkmate, at one time USGI issue mags, are not thought highly of but the 2 I have have never had a problem. Right now Midway has Beretta factory mags for $17.99.

12. bigchuck83

bigchuck83

Nov 12, 2011
    Tulsa, Okla.
    can't go wrong with mec-Gar mags.
    nothing wrong with finding used Beretta mags or getting new ones on sale.
    i need to get more come to think of it

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Mec-Gar with the anti-friction coating. I don't usually go for froofroo coating, but this anti-friction coating is slicker than snort.

14. TJx

TJx

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern KY
    Factory 15 round mags are on sale at Midway for $17.99. Hard to pass up factory mags for this kind of money.

15. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Only three mags to use in a 92.

"PB" (Beretta branded)
    MDS (same thing, different label)

Mec-Gar. Not Beretta made, but Mec-Gar is an OEM mag manufacturer for many brands, they are reliable.

16. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    At one time, Mecgar made factory mags for Beretta. Not anymore. Been a while. But, they are definetly on par with factory mags.

I generally just prefer factory mags, however. If you know where to look, you can get them cheap. Don't pay the $40 that gun shops charge for Beretta mags

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Yep. SIG is one of them.

Yeah, the anti-friction MecGar mags are excellent.

18. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    I'd get factory/MDS wherever You can find them for a good price (about $20).
    I also have a bunch of Airtronic GI mags for my M9 that I've picked up mostly from guns shows for as cheap as $10. There have also been some GI mags available even cheaper made by Check-mate but I've never tried them since they were known to be problemetic.