Best handgun magazine to subscribe to?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Christopher67, May 7, 2013.

1. Whats the best handgun only magazine to get a subscription to? :dunno:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Best Option For Shipping a Handgun? General Glocking Aug 14, 2015
    What do you think is the best looking handgun you own? Best Threads Sep 16, 2014
    Best handgun for bad ammo? Rimfire Forum Apr 19, 2015
    Best handgun for a girl? General Firearms Forum Feb 3, 2015
    Best handgun for self defence /back up General Glocking Jan 23, 2015

3. IMO "American Handgunner" Broadest spectrum of hand guns and writers.

4. None,

They are all just shills for the advertising dollar.

I haven't bought a gun rag in many years.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
  5. 427

The best handgun magazines are Mec-Gar.

Oh, wait...
  6. I like the mag RECOIL since they got a new editor an revamped some things...Not a pistol specific magazine though.

Sent from the year 1985 via my Delorean
  7. I like American Handgunner......Mas Ayoob writes the "Ayoob Files" for that magazine....always a good read
  8. I like Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, but it is expensive.
  9. Awesome, thanks.
  10. A-Train

A-Train Member

I agree with this assessment. I would not buy a gun magazine for any reliable or objective views about guns. Most seem to be for advertising purposes only.

That's not to say that some don't have nice pictures and some entertaining articles but I gave up on honest assessments of guns in gun magazines years ago.

This is my favorite ending to most gun articles (fill in almost any brand or type for the general references to a gun): "after spending several days with this fine firearm I think I will keep this sample gun. If you are in the market for a solid gun that will do many things well I suggest you give this weapon a look"

Wow thanks for that great bit of info. LOL!!! :rofl:
  11. go to your local Veterans Administration clinic and go read some of the gun magazines they have laying around in the waiting area. beats reading 'better homes and gardens' magazines
  12. I subscribe to quite a few but my favorite is Combat Handguns
  13. SWAT and Gun World are probably my two favorites. I do like RECOIL as well.
  14. i gotta go with 'american handgunner'. i usually go to the clint smith article, first.
  15. Same I dont care if they take advertising $$..I just want to know about reviews,whats coming out and some of their tactical stuff..I have known for YEARS(like since I was 20 probably) you cant trust many of them as far ass their "tests" go as they do normally take advertising $$ I just want to know ABOUT the gun..I know enough to get one in my hands and make my OWN judgement before I buy...But that mag did turn me on to my Current CC Gun(Ruger SR9c) that replaced the Glock 23...did I care much about the actual "review" no I just wanted to know some specs,stats and such..
  16. Another vote for American Handgunner. All the other ones tend to go overboard to be tacticool.
  17. Then to Mas' and then John Taffin, and then John Connor who is so tactical he's anti-tactical and a grouch I can relate to.
  18. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

This. Been that way as long as I can remember. Subscribe to American Rifleman.
  19. My choice is the American Rifleman. With the subscription cost you get to support the Second Amendment at no extra cost. tom. :supergrin:
  20. Warp

American Handgunner and SWAT