close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best Glock Night Sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by hioctane33, Mar 5, 2012.

1. DetroitMike

DetroitMike

Mar 14, 2012
    Detroit, MI
    Truglo TFO's are on my G23. They are really bright and they give Gretta a nice smooth side profile.

2. drcotlar

drcotlar

Feb 12, 2013
    Hi,

I noticed a comment or two in this discussion stating that Glock uses Metrolight as their sights.

I am in no position to conform this to be accurate, or not. I can says this, having just got off the phone with on of their guys. When asked who makes their night nights, the response was we make our own. When I mentioned that I read on GT that Metrolight did, the guy said this was not so. I am thinking perhaps Glock makes the housing and then sends it to Metronight for the lighting element, but if that is the case, Glock does not seem to want that known (not that there is anything wrong with it).

3. blk69stang

blk69stang

Jan 10, 2011
    Arizona
    I have the Meprolights on my G20SF, and even though people tell me they are supposed to be junk, I've had no issues.

4. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    I have some Meps on some of my Glocks. I have some Ameriglo I dot pros on some of my Glocks.
    I will convert all of my Glocks to I dot Pros!

5. armorer1911

armorer1911

Aug 1, 2012
    I like Trijicon, but I also like Meprolight Tru-Dot. The Trijicons are really made nice and Meprolight Tru-Dots will still be useful thank's to the big white dots long after these burn out. ARMORER1911

6. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Feb 19, 2009
    XS Big Dots suck !
    Did a lot of shooting with them in competition to test them out.
    Ok at close range, but not accurate beyond 35 feet.
    Trying to shoot bowling pins at 50 feet, showed how in-accurate these sights really are.
    Nothing much to line up with.
    Like Heinie Straight Eight sights, I tried out and got rid of.

Truglo TFO's are good all around sights.
    Range or carry.

Dawson Precision might be best pure range sights.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. dwbG30SF

dwbG30SF Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Georgia
    My G30sf has the factory plastic sights right now, and I want to replace them. Having a hard time making a choice on which type and brand to buy. Trijicon is my first choice, with no consideration for Meprolite, then Glock factory night sights.

I think Trijicon will serve me well.

8. SandP04

SandP04

Feb 16, 2013
    The Great PNW
    I'm pretty sure that was JUST the mullet shooting; the guy wasn't do anything... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All kidding aside, trijicon have found their way onto my wanted list...

9. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

May 23, 2009
    DFW TX
    On our GLOCK's we use either Trijicon or XS Big Dots.

I like both equally but the Big Dots are fantastic for quick shots on target. Easy to get quick and accurate follow ups.

Be safe,
    Doc

10. digilo

digilo

Apr 27, 2010
    texas
    I put TruGlo night sights on all my Glocks. $49.99 from Natchez Shooters.

11. W4CNG

W4CNG

Sep 19, 2002
    In the Gun Room
    I have MeproLights on my G-19 as they have the first fully adjustable rears I have found on the market. Really nice and work very well.

12. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mar 9, 2012
    East cost
    Trijicon and Ameriglo's have a good Warrenty on the tritium vials. 12 years I think. But I have some Trijicons my dad bought in the 90's that are still going strong on his old Gen2 17. I have been putting Heinie and Warren Tacticals on everything here lately and I think they use Trijicons Tritium vials.

Theres just something about a solid CNC machined sight that keeps me away from potmetal and plastic sights.....

13. dwbG30SF

dwbG30SF Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Copy that, I'm not a big fan of plastic sights either. Every Glock I own got stripped of them asap.

The Aro-Tek's I just put on my G30 are very impressive.

14. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    Here's a comparison picture of Glock Steel rear sights (left) and Aro-Tek rear night sights. The screws are flush when installed.
    [​IMG]

One from the top shows the profile of the nights sights, meant to be snag resistant on clothes.
    [​IMG]

I also use Aro-Tek 3 Dot sights. Same profile as the night sights.

Dave

15. NH_FED

NH_FED

Feb 24, 2013
    NH
    I've got XS Big Dots on my Gen4 19. I've got no problem taking headshots at 20yards. Takes a little bit more practice than with 3-dots at that distance, but still capable nonetheless. 15 Yards and closer they are the fastest sights I've used. YMMV.

16. dwbG30SF

dwbG30SF Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Georgia
    I really like the Aro-Tek Trijicon sights, especially the Novak style rear sight.

17. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy

Jan 13, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    I have the same Aro-Tek snag free sights for years and like them a lot