Best Glock Night Sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by hioctane33, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I bought my first glock last week (26) and I have been contemplating the same thing. I have been leaning towards the TFO's mainly because I am a shot gun shooter first so I am more comfortable with the TFO style set up from my shotgun. Has anyone had any draw issues with the TFO's being slightly bigger than the stock sights? This will be my CCW so I want to make sure they aren't going to snag anywhere. Does the holster make a difference with the TFO sights?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. [​IMG]

3. now thats a sexy glock. those ameriglo's look really good, i'm gonna have to check into those now.... i like the front sight especially, thanks for posting the pic

4. You may want a bigger sight channel in your holster, that's all I'd think would matter. However, those are alot of sight for such a small gun. Also, I'd never put FO sights on a carry gun. I've seen them fly out at the range. More than once. They're easy to replace - because they fly out. It's lame, because someone turned your sight off. Never seen them lose a tritium vial though.

[​IMG]

I have heinie's. I like em, but I looked at about a dozen different sights before I settled on these. A sight preference is very individual.

This is my carry gun, and I use it for IDPA. These sights do well for IDPA, I imagine they'd work for CCW as well. When I slow down to take the shots, I do fairly well. It's not the gun, that's for sure.

#26 Veedubklown, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  5. I know it's a lot of sight so I am going have them put on and look at them before I commit to buying them, there is a glock guy down here that we do a lot of buisness with so this shouldn't be an issue.
    How would those sights fly out at the range? They are pressed in to the slide and the locked in by a set screw correct? I don't see how they could just "fly out"? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. Both times I've seen it happen, was with Tru-Glos. I don't remember seeing a set screw.

7. I watched him install a set at the last gun show and I could have sworn there was a set screw but I will def check into it. Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of that before.

#29 bigbass1307, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

There are several excellent sights out there. Im not a big of of the 3 dot system but I have had Meprolights and they were pretty good. The Tru Glo were the brightest I used. But I have since moved onto the XS sights. They are great for quick target acquisition and shooting with both eyes open. Its just like dotting the i.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:50cal:

9. I have been told by a few friends that they like the xs sights as well but I've heard their as accurate at the range?

10. They're not inaccurate, sights don't make your accuracy, just your point of aim. They're as consistent as any, its just difficult to get that big ass dot in the same place every time. They're very quick though, but take alot of practice to get used to.

11. I shoot warren precision sights. Personal preference but I cannot stand 3-dot sights. I'm a front sight shooter, and the two dots on the rear do nothing but distract my follow thru and slow my target aqusition down. Warren was the only company that offered a solid rear with a tritium front.

Hiene also has a good set of 2-dot night sights. The rear sight has a smaller slightly duller dot than the front.

12. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8&feature=related"]XS Sight Demo - YouTube[/ame]

13. That video is all fine an dandy but I've seen the surgical point shooting school do that with NO SIGHTS....

I'll find the video, its on youtube...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjil10f6LeI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL6D6081E0D6EA2921"]Surgical Point Shooting 1 of 4 - YouTube[/ame]

#35 gunsmithlee, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  14. Exactly. Saying one can shoot accurately with no sights proves the point even further.

15. ok so i bought the xs big dot sights. i liked them after i saw them in person, i'll post a pic later

16. here they are

Attached Files:

17. For these aging trifocal wearing eyes, I have found that the trijicon hd night sights work quite well.

18. I have TFO's on a G19 and like them. I have Trijicon HD's on a G23' and they are awesome!