close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best Glock day and night sight setup EVER..IMHO

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by muad, May 25, 2011.

1. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I wanted to share this a while back, but last fall I upgraded the sights finally on my G23C. I have used trijicons and glock night sights, and decided I liked the Glock models better.

I then fell in love with Ameriglo sights, and put together the ultimate sight setup for day and night:

[​IMG]

I know, they aren't lined up the best; :tongueout:
    [​IMG]

Glock rear Night sight with Ameriglo "ProGlow" front sight post. They work GREAT outside, and nice and bright at night.

Thoughts?

2. vr95gt

vr95gt

Nov 4, 2009
    Would like to see night pics but, overall, that's a great daytime setup.

3. Rail Driver

Rail Driver

May 23, 2011
    If it were me I'd be using the pro-glow red front sight but a ghost ring rear sight (ameriglo makes those too, I have one on order)

4. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I prefer the Ameriglo rear NS with this front sight.
    Too much white distraction on the rear Glock NS.

5. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I like the Ghost rear sight too, but it looks to big for CC. I had some adjustable Mepros on my G27, and they bugged the crap out of me as they caught on everything.

I wound't mind trying some on a "range" or training only gun (hoping to add a G22 or G35 in the near future).

6. Mixednuts

Mixednuts

Apr 9, 2011
    Willis, TX
    Have you seen Trijicons new HD sights? They look nice and I have been considering getting a set for a while.

7. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Ohio
    No I haven't, Link???

The main reason I love these is due to the Orange ring on the front sight post. I've also used their non night sight, orange painted front post.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    muad, I really like the way your excellent photographs highlight the great visibility of the AmeriGlo ProGlo front sight. You will also see the front sight referred to as the Hackathorn, or Hack sight, on AmeriGlo's web site.

JBP55, amen to your comment.

For other readers, see the photo below and excellent review of the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro night sights (includes Hack front sight) written by GT member eremos:

The AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro MSRP is $89 and AmeriGlo gives a 10% discount when ordered on their web site using Promo Code: GLOCKTALK For comparison, the Trijicon HD (Hard Duty) sight pair has an MSRP of $149-$159 depending on the model of Glock.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  9. fgrimm

fgrimm Millennium Member

Dec 18, 1998
    Nice set up, but I would STRONGLY recommend you NOT use it for carry as compensated guns don't shine in that respect. Muzzle blast/powder blow back at contact ranges, flash that steals night vision etc... However compensated is nice, especially for range games and follow-up shots in a controlled environment. In a fast flowing/dynamic, perhaps rolling around on the ground and fighting for your life environment, I'll take a non-comped gun any day.

10. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I wish people would stop perpetuating this garbage.

11. fgrimm

fgrimm Millennium Member

Dec 18, 1998
    I only speak from experience.

12. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Ohio
    AMEN!! I've owned this 23C for a couple years now, with hundreds of rounds down range with NO problems with blinding or burn from the ports. It is louder, but that doesn't bother me.

Now, on my 24C, I did get annoyed by the build up of powder residue on the front sight post, however that's only because of the forward facing port design. The 23C, and most all other C models from Glock feature side facing ports.

13. d90king

d90king Training Junkie

Mar 21, 2011
    Kennett Square Pa
    You need a little space between your rear notch and your front post if you do much shooting outside of 10yds...

I really like the front post but I prefer blank rears.
    [​IMG]

14. DBG19

DBG19

Dec 3, 2010
    Miami
  15. fgrimm

fgrimm Millennium Member

Dec 18, 1998
    Agreed. You have supported/validated what I said: Fine for the square range, sterile situations with rules and regs. Just not for a dynamic, free-flowing, fight for your life environment. You do not want to be pushing, shoving, guarding your gun, rolling on the floor or shooting at brail distance and pulling off a half dozen shots with a commped gun. You have a rather high likelihood of doing damage to yourself and lessoning your effectiveness in the fight.

16. +1, i have the same set up on my G19, G17 & G26. Black rear and Ameriglow GL-212-OR on the front.

My G34 currently has Dawson Black out Rear and Dawson FO front, but that might change.

MY G17 other photos to follow

[​IMG][/IMG]

17. fgrimm

fgrimm Millennium Member

Dec 18, 1998
    Agreed. A little space for distance..25-50 yrds. I use a Dawson set up with plain rear and F/O front on everything I own.

18. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    d90king, that's excellent photography in your post.

I have definitely become convinced that less clutter is better for me with night sights. In principle, I much prefer a simple, wide-notch rear sight and a narrower front post. If I can have a single, unobtrusive tritium dot on the rear sight it seems good insurance to me. I'd rather have something to index front and rear sight in total darkness just in case it's needed. I figure it's better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. It's just my personal preference and I'm comfortable in training with the setup. One thing is certain, I'll never be going back to night sights with two dots on the rear sight.

19. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I prefer one word. Ameriglo. :cool: