close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best CCW Fleece/fall Jacket?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by C6vetter, Sep 9, 2012.

1. C6vetter

C6vetter

Jul 14, 2012
    For G27 or Sig p290. Looking for nice hidden pocket ... After leather jacket as well. Any quality options you've found for those of us subjected to cold weather? Thx

2. I love carhart they make a fall/ winter jacket. It is perfect because it is loose fitting around the waist. I wore it yesterday in a rain storm with my G27. Here in VT we get alot of cold weather.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    I buy a jacket with an inner Walk Man type pocket people keep their portable radio whatever in. Keeps my G-27 or G-23 right over my heart for an instant draw when needed.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    So, every day is another thread about how to dress if you carry a gun?

Guess what, if you carry a gun, wear clothes. I do. If you need special clothes, you're not doing it right. Best jacket for carrying concelaed? A jacket.:upeyes:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  5. bilkay

bilkay

Aug 30, 2011
    Wake up grumpy, or what? :upeyes:

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Nope, just tired of people acting like carrying a gun is some sort of a career change crisis. If you want to carry a gun, pick it up, get a holster and put it on - don't get a holster, if you prefer. Big deal. It doesn't require a new wardrobe and a college degree.

A leather jacket with a hidden pocket? What leather jacket doesn't have one?

7. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    My gun stay's in the same holster in the same spot year round. As for your question, I prefer TNF Apex soft shell jacket's for spring/fall.

8. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I really couldn't have said it better Bren, best jacket for cc? A jacket! Done.

Simple stuff. No need to make it rocket science. I'm not big on the bells and whistles. Gun. Belt. Holster. I've never bought anything clothing-wise to "help" me carry.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  9. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    So you're saying you carry without wearing a 5.11/Tru-Spec/Blauer/Blackhawk uber-tacticool jacket with 37 hidden pockets and an "inner duty belt" system stitched to the inside? How do you sleep at night????

10. jhon

jhon

Dec 1, 2010
    midwest
    Hmmm...Take my clothes off :rofl:

11. C6vetter

C6vetter

Jul 14, 2012

Guess what, you're an *****.

12. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    The best one for me is one that completely covers my OWB G17.