Best AR red dot for the price!

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by 9mmmountaineer, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Another vote for the Primary Arms micro dots. An excellent sight for the money. Also the Sig Sauer reddot is a good sight and you can usually find them used for a decent price.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have 4 of the TRS-25s mounted on a .22 pistol, an AK, a 9mm carbine and a girlfriend's AR-15. I had one that was DOA, the others have been great.

What I'd really like is a IR 1x4 power scope that doesn't break the bank. Why is it that 3x9s are cheap, 2x7s are cheap, even 4x10s are cheap, but everyone that makes a 1x4 treats it like its solid gold?

I may have to look into this Lucid. Anyone who has one know if they can be used with an external magnifier instead of the screw in?

John

3. I've wondered this myself. I really want a 1-4x for an AK.

4. was "iffy" when I heard about primary arms a few years ago. but now have their mini red dots on 2 of my ars. they have been put thru their paces for sure and not had any problems with either of them. but have been looking at the vortex to put on my coyote rifle using an offset mount next to my nikon 3x9 bdc 600.

5. Another vote for the Lucid HD 7. This coming from a longtime Aimpoint user.

Make sure to order/pre-order the Gen III version of the Lucid that begins shipping any day now.

200$ to your door, auto brightness adjustment, auto shutoff, 4 switchable reticles, and the optic keeps its zero as your scroll through the reticles. Single AAA battery (no hard to find batteries required), height with integrated mount set for lower 1/3rd BUIS co- witness.

Pay 30$ more and you get a screw-in 2x magnifier extension that works surprisingly well.

#25 SouthpawG26, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  6. kind of a side question. I got a NIB Sig M400. Only one mag came with the rifle, do these usually come with a couple of mags? I have a suspicion the seller kept one?

7. I just bought a aimpoint micro, my pockets still hurt