close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best aftermarket/night sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by pete29, Aug 1, 2010.

1. pete29

pete29

Mar 24, 2010
    SE Louisiana
    I'm looking to upgrade my Glock 30s stock sights. What do I need to look for in making a selection? What's the best in your opinion and why? Thanks.

2. tmfisher57

tmfisher57

Feb 18, 2010
    Oregon
    I just bought the Meprolight night sights for my G36 and they're great! First pair I've had and I'm gonna get some for the wife's G17. $75.00 on ebay with free shipping! Pretty tough to beat that. Looked through a few others that were a bit old from friends guns and these are alot brighter... Maybe someone on here has a better brand in mind, but the Mepro's are nice.

3. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

May 1, 2004
    Iowa
    You'll get plenty of opinions on this one. "Best" is highly subjective, but I'm partial to Meprolight as well.

4. Bill-66

Bill-66

Apr 21, 2010
    Northwet
    I just outfitted a 22 and a 21 with the Ghost Rings from Ameri Glo...I really dig them..not a precision sight by any means...but quick and perfect for combat accuracy..te inserts COULD stand to be a scoch bigger...but overall, I'm pleased..

5. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Tru-Glo TFO. Bright fiber optic during day shooting and the brightest tritium out of any NS in my experience. I dont know how you argue with that.

6. KYMike

KYMike 9mm Apologist

Jan 23, 2007
    Kentucky
    I'm partial to Mepros as well. Trijicons have the white rings painted on. Mepros have the rings behind the glass lenses with the tritium tubes. The Trijicons can be prone to having the rings damaged or completely removed by some cleaning formulas (and it's usually messy when it happens).

XS Big Dots are nice, too, but if you're not used to post and dot sights, they'll take some getting used to. TFO's are tritium/fiber optic hybrids and look great in just about any light. Your best bet is to check them all out at a local shop and see what works beat for you. Each option is a little different, and all have their good points.

I like my Mepros with yellow rears and green front. It draws my eyes to the front sight. Another personal preference thing that some people like and others don't, and another reason to check them out in person. Good luck!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  7. pete29

pete29

Mar 24, 2010
    SE Louisiana
    During my very limited research the TruGlo TFO popped up the most...owners seem to be impressed by their brightness and durability.

8. ezterra

ezterra

Mar 2, 2005
    Eglin AFB, FL
    Like others have said, the "best" night sights will be a matter of opinion. My preference is to have a thinner front sight so there is light on either side of the front sight when holding a sight picture. That being said, I really like the Warren-Sevigny sights. It's a 2 dot tritium sight system where you hold the front dot over the rear dot. The front dot is a nice bright green, and the rear dot is a dimmer, smaller yellow dot. I really like it. You can also get them with no tritium or front tritium only.

9. vis35

vis35

Apr 5, 2010
    Alaska
    Glock’s factory night sights. They are steel and tenifer finished just like your slide. They have a stronger attachment than anyone else (the front sight screw is about three times longer than any other, it goes clear through the sight). You cannot use too much loctite and damage the front sight tritium capsule. Any Glock armorer can buy them directly from Glock and install them for you.

10. My Glock 22 has Meprolight sights, but I ordered up some Ameriglos for my Glock 21 because I've read of some differences that I want to experiment with first hand.

11. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    IMO, read the above, then read it again. Then, get Meps.

12. ^^^^this.

You can rack the slide with your boot or whatever, and not worry about using the GLOCK sight to do it.

13. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    The TFO is definitely the best. A lot of people talk about other sights and that isnt because any other reason than they have not had experience with them. Even the previous posters, will mention mep, triji, ameriglo, and xs but leave out Tru-Glo.
    I have meps and trijis on other guns and i have had them on my glocks. There both a good sight, but imo NOTHING is a brighter fiber optic than the TFO and NOTHING has a brighter night sight

14. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    I have a few different ones across different guns & see no difference in actual quality or brightness.

15. striker6126

striker6126

Jul 3, 2008
  16. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

Jan 6, 2005
    San Antonio, TX
    TruGlo-TFo (Tritium Fiber-Optic)

Great glowing dots during daylight, when the light fails the Tritium takes over; same sight picture 24hrs a day.

17. Ranger45

Ranger45

Jan 17, 2010
    North Carolina
    A local gunshop recently ran a "Glock Day" event. Part of the event was a special where you could get Glock night sights installed for $60. I've been very pleased with mine. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  18. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Im a big fan of the Ameriglo Pro Operator night sights in Yellow rear/Green front.