close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

best advice we can give to a G30 owner

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by paltic, Jul 12, 2004.

1. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Again, just be careful with your loads and be thorough in inspecting for lead build-up and you'll be okay. An aftermarket barrel is a cheaper alternative relative to a new gun. So that route may be more cost-effective for you.

Of course, there is absolutely no reason NOT to buy a new gun if you can afford it. ;f

2. crispin

crispin

Jun 27, 2003
    pilipinas
    well to tell you guys the truth i have no idea kung magkano na bentahan and what is fair,but can you give me an idea for the price of the glock 30?? kung baga eh meet tayo sa gitna yung patas ba ..... preyong magkaibigan, and also ok ba na ipalit ko ay h s 2000 na 9mm?? my friend has been egging me for days on buying one kapalit ng glock, well for one reason is the price mas mura siya kaysa sa glock, but for any other reason like performance or durabilty wala akong alam. hope you can help me guys...thanks :)

3. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    glock 30 around 40t second hand 35 and its a steal. exchange for a hs2000 i dont think thats fair for you. exchange for a colt 1911 second hand that seems reasonable.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    imho, you'd be better off with a g17. i heard its difficult to secure accessories for the hs 2000 here in da pilipins:)

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    You're going to let go of your G30 for an HS2000?!!!;L

6. Korek ka dyan sir!

7. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    Vino was telling us during the gun show that his friend who bought an HS2000 has been waiting for a year already for an extra magazine. Until now wala pa. The supplier doesnt have a definite date when the accessories will arrive.

8. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Pang defense ba 'to dre? If so, the G30 is more than enough. As for getting an HS2000 and letting go of the glock, ehhh,... magko-chorus ako sa choir about not doing it.

But if you intend to get one for competition, the G17 or G35 is a good choice. Same platform for your serious and fun gun. ;)

Pero kung gusto mo talaga bago'bg baril at iba ang platform, intay ka sa next gun show. Hopefully, armscor will again offer their line of 1911's at a ridiculously low price. Yan unti-unti mo'ng buoin at araw-araw pede mo kalikutin. :)

9. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Batangueno's right. Stick with your G30. I love mine. Give HS2000 a few more years and see if it'll hold its value compared to your Glock.

10. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

I sold my almost brand new(500 Rounds) Glock 30 for 30,000.00 Pesos).Included with the gun was an after-market Bar-Sto barrel,3 magazines,TR Graham Trigger Kit,and Heinie Straight 8 Night Sights.

jmy

11. jmy

Most handsome people still prefer the 45 ACP.

jmy

12. JuDGe

JuDGe

Dec 2, 2002
    Mega-City One
    Since we're at it, here's a pic of my G22 .40Swift&Wicked sporting an Arredondo Mag Ext (c/o JMY). Thanks a lot El Prez! ;f

And the SUAVE Guys will go for the .40S&W! :cool:

[​IMG]

13. Guest

Ok lang ba mag .40S&W dito sa phils? Medyo delikado kasi I shoot lead reloads a lot. Medyo mahal kasi ang factory ammo diba? Sa .45 na Glocks may similar problems ba like sa .40 when firing lead reloads?

14. jmy

Ditto.Stick with the Glock 30.In fact,I sold all of my Glocks except for one of my Glock 30s.

jmy

15. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

Dec 7, 2002
    on the road again
    absolutely correct brother!;c how come i missed your party?;Q

16. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    buy a new barrel with conventional rifling and a supported chamber. to make sure so that you wont have problems in whatever caliber you choose

17. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    For defense, the trend in the US is to go for the bigger calibers, .40 and .45 cal. For carry, the best ang subcompacts. Very soft shooting ang G30 even with full power factory ammo.

But if you'll get only 1 pistol, the full size or the compact models are the most versatile. Your personal preference in caliber.

18. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    JuDGe: Kasya pa ba yan sa IPSC Box?

19. JuDGe

JuDGe

Dec 2, 2002
    Mega-City One
    ;J ;J maliit yata yung ipsc box sa gunclub namin eh! ;J ;J

I might also consider getting the +3 mag ext. Designed to meet the ipsc box rule daw!

[​IMG]

20. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    after several bottles of beer...nagdecide na siya......P 45,00 for his Glock 30, 2 mags, orig Glock holster/pouch.........50k nya nakuha ito...200 rds pa lang naiiputok...any bidders?:cool: