close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

bersa

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by cdjf, Nov 14, 2012.

1. cdjf

cdjf

Oct 25, 2010
    Mas,

Know you are not a fan of the 380 but do you have any opinions of the bersa thunder lines. Also have any of the knew 380 sd rounds change your opinion at all. Thanks a bunch.

Justin

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Most dealers tell me their customers rarely bring a Bersa Thunder back due to breakage or other problems. I've seen one break down at one of my classes, and another go jam-amatic in a BUG match.

Still waiting to see how the Critical Defense load approved fairly recently for LAPD backup/off duty in .380 works out; might want to check with the folks in Cop Talk who work there for feedback on that. By and large, the problem is that to get adequate penetration you need ball, the round that gave the .380 its reputation as an impotent man-stopper in the first place, and the hollow points may give decent expansion but not penetrate far enough.

best,
    Mas

3. cdjf

cdjf

Oct 25, 2010
    thanks mas, i think i will just go with with the kahr pm9. havent read anything but good reviews about that.

4. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Good move, bro. (Ain't an "anti-Bersa" statement, it's a "9X19 beats 9X17" statement.) :supergrin:

best,
    Mas