Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Bersa/American Classic 1911

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ashecht, Jul 20, 2012.

1. ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Anyone have one of these? They seem to be some good entry level 1911 handguns. Buds have several different types from mid 400 to mid 500. How do they compare to other entry level 1911's, ie RIA, etc? I used to have a few bersas in the past and they were fairly well made for the price and their customer service was pretty good
  2. ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    American classics are nice for the price range. Solid shooter & nice trigger. I just listed one in classifieds for $350.

3. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

I love Bersa, EVERYTHING they make is top quality at an affordable price.

I don't know too much about their 1911s but I do know that their Thunder 380s are AWESOME!!!!

As for RIA.....

A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wow:

You can't go wrong with Bersa!

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    I don't know how the brand Bersa got involved but the American Classic M1911 family is made in the Philippines by Metro Arms. I haven't seen one in real life but many owners are happy with the price-to-quality ratio.
  5. Metro Arms and Bersa share the same importer...Eagle Imports. Not sure if there is a relationship beyond that.
  6. dondulah

Feb 20, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    Everything on it is great except the hard chrome finish on my American Classic Trophy. A place locally had a sale and I refinished it.
  7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Mine has been great for $450. It's now my wife's favorite :upeyes:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  8. that is very nice!
  9. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    Bersa's model is called the Firestorm. That said, it doesn't have much to do with Bersa's guns built in Argentina.

The 1911 is built in the Philippines by Metro. I find it a great option at a very reasonable price.

10. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall