close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Berrys Bullets

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by ChrisJn, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    Ordered 1000 .380 Berrys copper plated bullets on 24th April arrived today 28th. How's that for service!

2. XDRoX

XDRoX

Jan 24, 2009
    San Diego
    I ordered 3000 9mm on the 21st and they arrived on the 26th. So ya, I agree good service.

3. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Yep, good service, great product and free shipping if you spend $50. What's not to like.

4. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

Jan 21, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Why would you folks pay for Berry's plated bullets when you can purchase FMJs from Montana Gold or Zero Bullets for about the same price? :dunno:

5. kshutt

kshutt

Aug 24, 2001
    Oklahoma
    The price.........that's what not to like! If I buy 2,000 .45 230RN plated bullets from them the cost is $269.76 including their "free shipping." :steamed: If I buy 2,000 FMJ from my favorite vendor, the cost is a little over $220.00!

Again, we're talking "plated" bullets vs. actual FMJ bullets. Between Rainier and Berry's, they've gotten a little too proud of their products for my taste. NO THANKS!

6. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    CAST... CAST... CAST. And I ain't talking about fly fishing.

You can sit there, or stand, and cast 2000 bullets during a NASCAR race. Well, Sprint Cup anyway... maybe not Nationwide.

Jack

7. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    Nah, Jack.
    Used to do it 45 years ago but now my life time clock is ticking and there are only so many hours in a day!

8. skyugo

skyugo

Nov 23, 2008
    Loveland CO
    precision delta has FMJ's for cheaper than berry's...

my local sportsman's warehouse carries 250 bullet packs of berry's though for 22.95. not a great price, but in a pinch i buy em.

i've found them to be very clean, consistent, and accurate.

9. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Know what you mean, I'm 23 hours and 30 minutes into a 24 hour lifespan myself. Trouble is casting is pretty much the HIGHLIGHT of my day.

That, and when the Metamucil kicks in of course. :supergrin:

Jack

10. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    So what's so great about FMJ? FMJ is better than plated? Says who? Plated may actually be easier on the bore. If you don't push hot loads, why do you need FMJ?

I don't blindly buy FMJ; I buy what the gun shoots best. So, from my perspective, plated shoots better than FMJ, and I don't have to pay a premium for them. The other thing is that Berry's delivers quickly. As the OP noted, ordered and RECIEVED in the same week. You hear stories of PD taking MONTHS to ship.

But hey, get whatever your gun shoots (and you can get your hands on).