Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

beretta storm vs. glock 19

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by wallyglock, Sep 18, 2012.

1. wallyglock

Mar 1, 2005
    have a second gen glock 19 .... great shape and a good shooter ...... very reliable and fairly accurate too.

have handled the storm in about the same size ( believe the beretta is some heavier in the compact size than my 19 )
    like the feel of the storm , but have not fired one .

was thinking about a possible trade ..... my glock , w/4 glock mags for the storm . but i am not sure i REALLY want to do this .... since i have no complaints with my glock.

those of you who have owned / shot the storm can give me your feed back ... that might help.
    i also like the tilting barrel design of the storm ...... had a beretta 92 years ago that i like also but it was a little large in the grip.
    dont need BOTH guns , so its either one or the other !:crying:

thanks wally
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    I do like Beretta,......buti would not trade a G19 for the Storm

3. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    If your gut tells you not to trade, don't trade. Don't go against your gut instinct.

I had a PX4 .40 S&W Full Size. It was the softest shooting .40 S&W I've ever felt. The slide finish is teflon slick. Fit & finish are top notch.

The slick slide finish can cause the slide to slip out of your grip when power-stroking the slide. The slide mounted safety flares out, and will catch your hand. It stings a little.

The PX4 Storm Full Size & Compact use a rotating barrel design. The rotating barrel radially dissipates a portion of the recoil energy. Since the barrel does not tilt, the magazine & barrel sit almost inline. No feed issues whatsoever from mine.
  4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    I would make the trade. The Beretta may not shoot better, but I doubt that it'd shoot any worse and you still win out on the quality of the gun.
  5. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    I'm not into trading guns, but the PX4 is a great handgun.
  6. bunk22

May 25, 2009
    Shoot it, see what you think. I have a PX4 Storm sub-compact, have shot the full size and both are awesome IMO. I would trade my G19 for one but that's me. I wouldn't feel bad having one as my edc, that's for sure.
  7. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Dec 22, 2002
    Somewhere in Oregon
    I'd trade two G19s for one Beretta PX4, but maybe that's just me.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  8. I have both. The Storm is OK. But I'd keep the G19.
  9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I like the Px4 way better than any Glock. It fits my hand, Glocks simply do not.
  10. checkyoursix

Dec 15, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I have shot the subcompact quite a bit and I am not fond of the trigger at all. Loooong reset, creepy all along. A couple of parts changes and you can make your G19 so much better than stock and then you won't want to part with it.
  11. pokersamurai

Jan 11, 2008
    I have both the PX4 and the Glock 19. Although the PX4 is a little bigger than the Glock 19, If I could only own one it would definitely be the PX4. For me the PX4 is more accurate, softer shooting, has a larger capacity, and just as reliable.

12. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Agreed - I would take the Beretta over the Glock every day of the week.

But think about this - this is a Glock website... What do you think the majority of the answers will be? Hmm... I wonder.

Go ask at the Beretta Forum website, and you will get most people telling you to get the Beretta....
  13. agile_1

Sep 2, 2012
    Sweet Storm. Is that a special duty model? From what you wrote I would guess it is 9mm compact but I didn't think Beretta made them in odg.

I do have a 9mm PX4 compact, but not a G19. However, I did just get a G30SF but have not shot it yet. The PX4 is a nice pistol. Easy to shoot and I am pretty accurate with it. More accurate than with my 92.
  14. Indianashooter

Aug 16, 2012
    Just before I picked up my G19 a few years ago, I seriously considered the Storm. But Glocks just fit in my hand sooooo well.
  15. pokersamurai

Jan 11, 2008
    No, its not a special duty model, its just a standard full-size 9mm PX4. From what I understand Beretta did a limited run of PX4's in OD green. You can still find them relatively easily if you look. They cost a little more, but I've always had a thing for OD green pistols so I had to get one.
  16. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I think a full size or compact Px4 is next on my list now that I finally got a P228.
  17. I'm partial to the glock platform, so my choice would be the g19..... But the storm(s) always look like super nice guns.