beretta storm vs. glock 19

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by wallyglock, Sep 18, 2012.

1. have a second gen glock 19 .... great shape and a good shooter ...... very reliable and fairly accurate too.

have handled the storm in about the same size ( believe the beretta is some heavier in the compact size than my 19 )
    like the feel of the storm , but have not fired one .

was thinking about a possible trade ..... my glock , w/4 glock mags for the storm . but i am not sure i REALLY want to do this .... since i have no complaints with my glock.

those of you who have owned / shot the storm can give me your feed back ... that might help.
    i also like the tilting barrel design of the storm ...... had a beretta 92 years ago that i like also but it was a little large in the grip.
    dont need BOTH guns , so its either one or the other !:crying:

thanks wally

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Beretta Storm P-4 General Firearms Forum Aug 22, 2015
    Beretta PX4 Storm General Firearms Forum Aug 1, 2015
    SOLD! DeSantis Black Leather Thumb Break Holster Beretta PX4 Storm Holsters & Related Items Jul 14, 2015
    My 9MM Beretta CX4 Storm finally arrived. General Firearms Forum Mar 25, 2015
    WTS: Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9mm - DFW, TX Firearms Listings Jan 21, 2015

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I do like Beretta,......buti would not trade a G19 for the Storm

4. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

If your gut tells you not to trade, don't trade. Don't go against your gut instinct.

I had a PX4 .40 S&W Full Size. It was the softest shooting .40 S&W I've ever felt. The slide finish is teflon slick. Fit & finish are top notch.

The slick slide finish can cause the slide to slip out of your grip when power-stroking the slide. The slide mounted safety flares out, and will catch your hand. It stings a little.

The PX4 Storm Full Size & Compact use a rotating barrel design. The rotating barrel radially dissipates a portion of the recoil energy. Since the barrel does not tilt, the magazine & barrel sit almost inline. No feed issues whatsoever from mine.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I would make the trade. The Beretta may not shoot better, but I doubt that it'd shoot any worse and you still win out on the quality of the gun.

6. I'm not into trading guns, but the PX4 is a great handgun.

7. Shoot it, see what you think. I have a PX4 Storm sub-compact, have shot the full size and both are awesome IMO. I would trade my G19 for one but that's me. I wouldn't feel bad having one as my edc, that's for sure.

8. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

I'd trade two G19s for one Beretta PX4, but maybe that's just me.

#7 Boats, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  9. I have both. The Storm is OK. But I'd keep the G19.

10. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I like the Px4 way better than any Glock. It fits my hand, Glocks simply do not.

11. I have shot the subcompact quite a bit and I am not fond of the trigger at all. Loooong reset, creepy all along. A couple of parts changes and you can make your G19 so much better than stock and then you won't want to part with it.

12. I have both the PX4 and the Glock 19. Although the PX4 is a little bigger than the Glock 19, If I could only own one it would definitely be the PX4. For me the PX4 is more accurate, softer shooting, has a larger capacity, and just as reliable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

Agreed - I would take the Beretta over the Glock every day of the week.

But think about this - this is a Glock website... What do you think the majority of the answers will be? Hmm... I wonder.

Go ask at the Beretta Forum website, and you will get most people telling you to get the Beretta....

14. Sweet Storm. Is that a special duty model? From what you wrote I would guess it is 9mm compact but I didn't think Beretta made them in odg.

I do have a 9mm PX4 compact, but not a G19. However, I did just get a G30SF but have not shot it yet. The PX4 is a nice pistol. Easy to shoot and I am pretty accurate with it. More accurate than with my 92.

15. Just before I picked up my G19 a few years ago, I seriously considered the Storm. But Glocks just fit in my hand sooooo well.

16. No, its not a special duty model, its just a standard full-size 9mm PX4. From what I understand Beretta did a limited run of PX4's in OD green. You can still find them relatively easily if you look. They cost a little more, but I've always had a thing for OD green pistols so I had to get one.

17. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I think a full size or compact Px4 is next on my list now that I finally got a P228.

18. I'm partial to the glock platform, so my choice would be the g19..... But the storm(s) always look like super nice guns.