Beretta nano serial number question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RiverRat5.0, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Does anyone know what serial number they started updating the nano at? There were a few issues with FTE early on. Following that I believe Beretta updated the extractor and/or ejector to solve this issue. I believe some have said it was around #2000?? Min is 14XXX-15XXX range. I just sold my 26 today so I have taken the plunge! Thanks for the help guys!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock 43 v. Beretta Nano v. Smith and Wesson M&P Shield: Some thoughts from some non-experts General Firearms Forum Jun 26, 2015
    Range Report Sig P938 and Beretta Nano General Firearms Forum May 25, 2015
    Beretta Nano factory paddle holster $15 shipped Holsters & Related Items Feb 20, 2015
    Beretta Nano accessories and mags Gun Parts & Accessories Feb 9, 2015
    Beretta NANO 9mm Pistol PINK (SPEC0557A) Sponsor Showcase Feb 5, 2015

3. Bump!

4. I didn't find the answer online. You should call Beretta.

5. I just bought a Nano as well, thinking that I would be safe by now with it having the newer extractor/ejector. However, I am not sure as my serial # is NU003XXX.

The best I could find was ones built in early spring of this year would be fine (around 6000 plus). Yours in the 14-15K range should be GTG.

I shot over a 100 rounds in my mine last week with a total of 4 FTE on Winchester white box 115. None on 124 or 147 self defence rounds (probably 30-40 of those) that I shot at the beginning of the session.

I will keep shooting it to see if the FTE continue with the cheap stuff and then decide if it needs to go back to Beretta or not.

I feel kind of dumb not checking the serial number before buying it to make sure it was a newer one. But there are plenty of guys with very low serial numbers that have had no FTE or issues at all.

6. I can't believe you sold a 26 to get a Nano. I'm a Beretta fanboy, but the Nano was a total piece of crap. My G26 is the best shooting pistol I've ever owned, so much better than the Nano. To each his own I guess.

7. pondriver

pondriver Senior member

Mine is 156xx. No issues at all firing blazer 115 grain. Im not selling my g26, but the Nano is a nice weapon.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I have no idea. Mine was bought last month and has not given me any heartburn at all. It ha a NU024XXX serial number.

It is not even close to being a piece of crap.

9. Mine was. In a self defense firearm FTFs are unacceptable. Just my opinion, of course. I sold mine because I couldn't trust it.

10. BTW mine is in the 5000 range & has no issues.

11. I kind of regret buying my 26 all together. A clunky brick of a gun. It shot decent, but wasn't what I was looking for at the end of the day. The nano is a single stack subcompact. Which as we all know, Glock is ignoring. I just felt like the 26 was to bulky and had a hard to reach mag release. So far my nano has been gret. No Issues.. Thanks for the harsh opinion. Did you ever try sending your gun to beretta? Everyone I have seen that had issues had them resolved after sending it in.

12. BLau

Just picked one up last night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR