close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Beretta M9 purchased today at Buds

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by hsprincipal, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Alloy frame.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

2. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    That is too funny..... Glad I got the M9.... :rofl:

3. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

Feb 24, 2003
    I had a Storm carbine that I regret selling that used the same mags, mags that are hell for stout. I ran over one with a Jeep and it still worked.
    Presume the A1 gets you the light rail on the dust shield?
    Also astounded at the 'plastic' parts that you can replace; my older one came with steel trigger and mag release.
    What are they putting in the mil spec guns?
    For a double stack pistol, the M9 gets good grades for not being too bulky in the grip.
    Enjoy your pistol.
    One caveat; the first one I had had an oversize bore and was putting the bullets thru' the target sideways.
    The current one has no such issues.
    Moon

4. spork

spork Caffeinator

Dec 7, 2003
    Dystopia
    I think you will enjoy it. I have the Inox version now, and I have considered getting a second one in black.

5. vtducrider

vtducrider

Nov 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    92FS owner here. It has my total confidence for a handgun.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Why are you guys' M9s coming with the plastic cases while mine came in a cardboard box?

7. A-Train

A-Train Member

Sep 7, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Congrats. One of my favorite pistols. I like the 92 Vertec best.

8. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX

Hmmm. Very intredasting.

Mine came in a cardboard box too...

9. M9 commercial comes in a cardboard box while the 92 comes in plastic. An mp unit i worked with in iraq deployed with brand new m9's and they all had the plastic guide rods and other parts. No worries but i still prefer the metal guide rod. Congrats OP on an outstanding gun. Trust me you will not be dissapointed.

10. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    Mine came in a hard plastic case tucked inside a blue cardboard box...

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Mine literally came in a cheesy cardboard box. Something that one would expect to be shipped to the government. And yes, it has plastic recoil spring rod. I'm going to have to get me a steel rod.

12. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    I did them all myself this morning. Follow the videos on the beretta92fs.com site. He shows how to completely tear it down and put it together by particular part or component.

I had to use a roll pin punch to get out the mainspring/lanyard bushing pin and a dental pick from my AR cleaning kit when putting the trigger together to move the trigger spring around.

Nothing difficult at all. Just watch the vids a couple times. Each video is about a minute.

13. Not to be negative but are you sure that is an M9? The M9's come in a cardboard box that say M9 all over it and the tag that comes attached to it is an American flag not Beretta. Maybe Beretta changed there latest versions but that is how they came when I bought mine.

14. Mystic Knight

Mystic Knight Mystic Knight

Aug 7, 2009
    Aiken, SC
    Have a 92FS and like it a lot. Only problem is that I can't figure out what that little rubber cup thing is.....

15. G29SFWTF

G29SFWTF

Aug 3, 2012
    Do you mean the blue plastic cup with the Beretta logo? I believe it's to support the flimsy case so the contents won't get crushed.

16. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    Yes, I'm sure it's an M9.

17. I stand corrected sir. I recently saw a picture of an M-9 next to its cardboard box with the Beretta tag on it. Guess Beretta changed some things. All in all enjoy it because it's a great gun. First time at the range I was hitting bullseyes.

18. rgb03

rgb03

Aug 18, 2006
    I feel cheated. Mine came in a cardboard box. :whistling:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  19. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    The tag in my picture does have the Flag on the opposite side.