close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Beretta 92 for carry questions

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by JoeCitizen, Mar 12, 2012.

1. JoeCitizen

JoeCitizen

Nov 16, 2009
    Anybody out there concealed carry a Beretta 92 (or Taurus equivalent) IWB? Can you manage it all day? What holster do you use?

2. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    Nope 15 rnds in a full size steel frame gun,Well it didnt work for me,hated to carry mine with OWB holster.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Galco Classic shoulder harness works well for me!

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I have in the past. I personally cannot do IWB comfortably. The Beretta 92 is a large gun that needs a good belt, leather OWB holster, and a cover garment to conceal. It can be done, but a T-shirt will likely not conceal it well.

The Beretta is a great gun, but it is a duty gun meant for open carry on a 2.25" belt. It would be fine in the winter time when wearing a coat. I would get a smaller gun for the warmer months.

The Beretta 92fs is one of my favorite handguns. Good luck with it.

5. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Kansas
    I wouldn't mind carrying the 92 but keeping it from printing is next to impossible. Nice guns for sure.

6. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    it's doable, but the Jframe is hard to beat for comfort.

7. Evilriflefan

Evilriflefan

Dec 4, 2003
    S. Florida
    Nice pistol. Carried one for work and off duty for 9 years. Having a badge didn't make me worry about who saw it beneath a shirt.

Put a "D" model hammer spring in it.

8. Feanor

Feanor

Feb 28, 2010
    Nope, not I! Galco "Vertical" shoulder rig.

9. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    Hopefully Shipwreck will be here to comment since he carries a fullsize or compact 92 IWB on a daily basis.

10. It is pretty clear that only special people can realistically CCW a 92 on a regular basis.

Such people are there. Not sure if they are just stubborn or what :rofl:

For a typical concealment, I'd pick my 17 before my 92. And I'd pick my 26 before my 17 :)

11. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    Couldnt possible be its what they shoot the best could it? Why would anyone want to carry a pistol they were most proficient with... thats just crazy. What works on paper doesnt always work in the hand

12. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I've carried the 92, a 5906, Ruger P85 and a Sigma .40 (the original one) concealed using various IWB holsters: it's doable if you have a good belt and find the right carry position. With that being said, I like my PPS for carry these days, but I'd be comfortable packing my 5906 concealed if need dictates.

13. That is a good thing, stubbornly making a large gun work because they shoot it well. And not giving in to the easy carry of a smaller and lighter gun.

Just saying not many people seem to stick with it.

14. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
  15. Nope, too big..would not want to or try to just not worth the trade offs in weight and comfort and such over a real CC size gun.

16. Shipwreck, that looks like a nice holster. I'll think about getting one for my 92 :) What model is it called?

17. I've carried fullsize and Commander sized 1911's IWB for 6 years now. I can imagine a 92 being a little harder, but not much. The key to comfortably and successfully CCW'ing big, heavy guns is a quality holster and a quality gun belt.

If I wanted to carry a 92, the first holster I'd try is a Camp-Tac MTAC. I'm also a fan of kydex reinforced belts. (currently using reinforced belts from Aker, 5.11 and Wildeness Tactical)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  18. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
  19. HK Dan

HK Dan

Mar 27, 2008
    I carried a 96 for two years in a home made wet mold leather holster. It hid well, but in the end I couldn['t get past the slide mounted safety. Next stop? HK.

20. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Every day for over five years. Milt Sparks VMII and Wilderness Instructor's 5-Stitch 1.5" belt.

[​IMG]