close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Beretta 92 DAO

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by TheGreatGonzo, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TheGreatGonzo

TheGreatGonzo Clown Hunter

Jan 19, 2003
    Lost in thought...
    Do any of you fine folks have any experience with the Beretta 92 in DAO? I'm curious to get some feedback on the trigger. I was always a big fan of the 92 and I would like to add one to my stable, but I recently transitioned to "ALL DAK/DAO, ALL THE TIME" and I want to stick with that. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Gonzo

2. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

Feb 26, 2005
    Texas
    Every Beretta D model that I have ever messed with had the smoothest DAO trigger I have ever felt. Almost like two pieces of glass sliding on each other. I would say go for it. For some reason I have been interested in a Beretta recently myself.

3. Landric

Landric Supervisor?

Long, but slick. If you can shoot a DA revolver, you can shoot a Beretta 92D. I would avoid the 96D because of reliability issues, but the (2D is GTG.

4. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Make sure to grow your hair out accordingly, Gonz.

[​IMG]

5. TheGreatGonzo

Jan 19, 2003
    Lost in thought...
    I can't tell you how often I'm mistaken for Mel Gibson. It is downright embarrassing. Of course, that has made things a bit uncomfortable for me at Synagogue lately.

6. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  7. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

Feb 26, 2005
    Texas
    [​IMG]

8. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    When I went to Beretta armorer's school I got to work with one a lot and it is a really nice trigger. Long but smooth. It is also lighter than a traditional 92.

9. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    My buddy at St. Louis PD has one. Hes coming out to AZ this week, ill get to shoot it then :)

10. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    We use those as duty weapons at my facility. I qual'd on a Ruger at FLETC, but I'll let you know after I requal in October, lol.

11. The county police were the first agency to adopt the 92D Centurion. They may have been the first agency to drop the 92D Centurian because of locking block issues. They next went to the 92D Brigadier. The high volume guns (e.g.: decentralized SWAT weapons) later had locking block problems. They're now packing G-22's.

That said, I always liked shooting the 92D Brigadiers. They were smooth-shooting weapons. Over the years, I've come to believe that a consistent trigger pull is the better option for most shooters if they carry a weapon for protection/duty.

12. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    FEMA REGION III
    I have a 5946, and I absolutely love it. Very smooth, good shooting gun.

13. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    FEMA REGION III
    If I recall correctly, this was in the mid 90s correct? The locking block design has since been updated a couple times for what its worth.

I know PGPD issued the 92D for a while, I'm not familiar if they had any problems with it though.

My agency issued the 96D, along with MSP, and several other counties. I don't know of any issues we experienced, outside of normal wear and tear. This could of also been due to the anemic 165gr Federal hydra shok we used.

14. Great weapon, but it's a bit of an anchor.....This was my service weapon on my prior department. I still have it, but don't carry it much anymore since I became a Glock convert.....:supergrin:

15. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I prefer the DA/SA decocker only model. But a Beretta 92 is a Beretta 92. There are tons of them at the local cop shop for $300 with three 15rd factory mags and used factory spares for $10 each.

I dont know if I can resist any longer, but alot of them are rough looking.

16. Novocaine

Novocaine

Jun 10, 2004
    I have Centurion 92D. It's one of my favorite pistols. I have yet to come across a DA automatic that would have a smoother trigger pull. It's a true DAO: if you like revolvers you'll love it. But SAO and "pre-cock" types will be faster.

17. Leightonpd2

Leightonpd2

Oct 19, 2009
    Athens, AL Police Department went to Beretta 92Ds in the mid-90s. Still got them. One of their Officers was here in a class not to long ago. He was very smooth and accurate with the pistol. I would not want him shooting at me.

I have been a Beretta shooter for about 15 years as L.E. I have carried other things but always seem to go back to the Beretta. I have to go back in November to NRA Recert Course. I will be breaking out "Ole Trusty" Beretta 92 for the course.

18. TheGreatGonzo

Jan 19, 2003
    Lost in thought...
    I appreciate all of the feedback. Does anyone know if Beretta produced the single-stack M type in DAO also? My google-fu did not come up with much.
    Gonzo