close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Beretta 84fs

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TacticalThong, Aug 18, 2012.

1. TacticalThong

TacticalThong

Apr 22, 2012
    Texas
    Hi all. I have a chance to pick up a two tone 84fs for dealer cost. Just wondering how this model performs. I really like the way it feels and the trigger is nice. Thinking about using it as a starter centerfire pistol for my oldest daughter. Any input on this model would be appreciated. Thanks:wavey:

2. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Go check out the beretta forum website...

But, the 84FS and 85 FS are probably the two best built 380s. They are too big for pocket carry, but they are awesomely built 380s.

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Top notch IMO. expensive in the ammo Dept for a plinker or trainer but a truly superb pistol. The only reason I didn't buy one a while back is I got two CZ82s for the same money and I'm a CZ fan.

4. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    A coworker has one and it is the best .380 I have shot. Even though it is big for a .380 that would be a plus for a person's first centerfire pistol.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Eh, I give the edge to the Sig P232, but the Berettas are great pistols.

6. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    I've shot Sigs before... I like the Beretta 85 the best, personally. But only the black ones. The Inox models have those blasted red painted dots in the sight depressions...

I have come so, so close to buying an 85 many times, as I have enjoyed shooting these cheetahs. But, the price of 380 ammo always stops me. About the same as 45 ACP at walmart

7. TacticalThong

TacticalThong

Apr 22, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks for the input. I think I'll pick it up monday. Heck, it will fill a few niches for me. I don't currently have a Beretta or a .380 so this will kill two birds with one stone, in addition to getting my daughter a nice centerfire pistol to use. Thanks again

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats in advance. :)

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
  10. I had a Browning BDA. Same gun just branded as a Browning. A very nice, good shooting gun. I didn't shoot it a lot because the ammo was expensive, but when I did it was flawless. I sold it to another fellow when I started thinning my herd out. Good gun.

11. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I have wanted one ever since I saw it in "The Jackal". Its a sexy looking pistol, I'm just not a fan of .380acp.

I wish they could make the 92fs with the frame mounted decocker/safety.

12. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    I've liked them ever since I saw Trinity using them in the first Matrix :)

13. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Like all Berettas, it ROCKS!!!:rock:

[​IMG]

They are keepers! :thumbsup:

TGG

14. Novocaine

Novocaine

Jun 10, 2004
    I bought one for gf ended up owning it. It's funny how it is advertised as an ideal female gun (by both Beretta and Hollywood) and in reality it's one the worst- a slide more difficult to operate probably doesn't exist. Good looking gun, easy enough to shoot but I'll take Mak over it any day.