close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berets

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by Swattie, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Swattie

Swattie
    Expand Collapse
    Cry Havoc

Who do I talk to to see about making the beret with the class A and B uniform only and going back to the patrol caps for the ACU's. :steamed:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DiabloesLoco

DiabloesLoco
    Expand Collapse

Send a thank you note to GW Bush for making the entire Army "elite" by taking the Black beret from the Rangers and handing it to every assclown in uniform. After that, get that hot miserable peice of headgear on your skull and get to formation....

They simply suck- like most everything else French.

3. Swattie

Swattie
    Expand Collapse
    Cry Havoc

I think the beret would be OK for the Class A. It has no place on the ACU.

4. deadday

deadday
    Expand Collapse

The Rangers took it from the Cav....

5. AF-Odin

AF-Odin
    Expand Collapse

It wasn't GW who gave you the beret, it was GEN Rick Shinseki, then Army Chief of Staff and now Obama's VA Secretary. I agree with the comment about taking the beret from the Cav for the Rangers. Cav guys wore them somewhat "unofficially" in the 70's like MANY of the armored forces in the rest of the world.

6. CPT_CRUNCH

CPT_CRUNCH
    Expand Collapse
    P.O.W.

yes, GEN Shinseki made that change in Nov 2001. several years before GW took office.

7. Odin's Underlin

Odin's Underlin
    Expand Collapse
    Odins Underling

People need to quit complaining about the type of headgear that is issued or who wore it and when they did. If you can't soldier because of a something as useless as a beret in the American Army, go join an army that enjoys wearing one. That beret will not make you a better soldier.

8. Odin's Underlin

Odin's Underlin
    Expand Collapse
    Odins Underling

Several years before GW took office? I'm sure you meant to say something else. At least I hope you did.

9. deadday

deadday
    Expand Collapse

Sure won't, but at least a PC will keep the damned sun outta my eyes...:wavey:

10. The Maggy

The Maggy
    Expand Collapse

The ACU PC is horrible imo. They made it thicker then the old BDU PC and its alot hotter. The one thing I couldn't stand more then seeing a pog in a messed up beret is every pog pvt. sporting the ranger roll in their PC.

11. deadday

deadday
    Expand Collapse

But but, all the cool kids do it!! The ACU PC can be made more tolerable by ripping the map pocket out....who the **** puts a map on top of their soaked with sweat hair anyways?

12. The Maggy

The Maggy
    Expand Collapse

lol yeah I figured out how to remove the map pocket after my second day in Kuwait. Honestly I think the Booney is way under rated though. Every now and then some retard will starch his but most people manage to wear it properly

13. deadday

deadday
    Expand Collapse

Yup, boonies FTW:supergrin:

14. pt945

pt945
    Expand Collapse
    GLOCK 17

Every now and then some retard will starch his

i have got to see that..:rofl: a boonie that looks like a drill sgt.'s brown round. :drillsgt:

15. The Maggy

The Maggy
    Expand Collapse

one guy in my company showed up for the deployment with his brim starched on a basket ball so it kept a perfect round bucket hat/ straw sun hat look for 15 months.

Never could under stand why worn as if pulled from your pocket and put on your head is so hard.:dunno:

16. SEAX

SEAX
    Expand Collapse
    Wilson

Beret's make me think of France
    France makes me think of cowardice and failure
    Cowardice & failure make me think of France

See my dilemma?

17. deadday

deadday
    Expand Collapse

Join the Foreign Legion?:dunno: No berets there...

18. ranger88

ranger88
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

It was once said by a special forces guy that a beret is the most useless piece of equipment in the Army inventory. It won't keep the sun out of your eyes, keep your head warm when it's cold or cool when it's hot out. It won't keep your head dry when it's raining or keep your ears from getting frost bite when it's below zero degrees celsius. About the only thing it's good for is to puke in on the way to the DZ. :tongueout:

19. NDC187

NDC187
    Expand Collapse

the acu's are ugly period. They look like some damn pajama patern. The beret...i kinda like it for garrison.

I think it was copied from the green beret's. we copied it from the brits

#19 NDC187, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  20. APD

APD
    Expand Collapse
    Trunk Monkey

I wore berets for about 4 years before ETS and I hated them.As I was leaving they handed the black berets to every swinging Richard and it was disgusting.

Where I used to see hardcore paratroopers and Rangers sporting their berets property (since they had great NCO's who kept them in the proper uniform),I now saw disgusting fatbodies wearing it like a chef hat,grabbing their crotches as they pimp-walked down the street.

I loved to wear my boonie and PC way more than the beret and I will agree that the beret serves no practical purpose, it saddened me to see it handed out to all where before it had to be earned.

Oh well,it is the soldier that makes the uniform and not the other way around.:upeyes:

Former 11B3P,airborne!