close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Benghazi timeline...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jdavionic, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    So what is the timeline.

At 4:05pm ET - email states attack is underway and ambassador is in the compound safe haven.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2012/10/24/internal-emails-on-libya-terror-attack/

At 4:54pm ET - email cites a Libyan response team is trying to secure the area.

At 6:07pm ET - email cites terrorists have claimed responsibility.

Somewhere around 2 hrs after the attack started, an unmanned drone is over the compound observing the events.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-33816_162-57536611/could-u.s-military-have-helped-during-libya-attack/

2 Former Seals are killed 7 hrs into the attack. I've heard this twice on the radio. I'll post a link when I can find one.

Fox reports that forces were within 90 minutes of the compound.

2. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I don't think we ever got an answer as to why extra security was denied.

ooc

3. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    If BHO wins, would an impeachment be viable? Would "president" Biden be a viable option?

4. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Ain't going to happen. If he wins, business as usual. If he loses, the truth will come out over the span of years.

5. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

The White House and State knew mortars (from all reports, pre-sighted) were being fired on the CIA safe house (the mortars that killed the two ex-SEALs) real time while it was happening, nearly seven hours into the attack.

Both Obama and Hillary then put spokespersons up to say it was a spontaneous demostration over the anti-muslim video.

Anybody here (with any life experience) think people showed up to a spontaneous demonstration with pre-sighted mortars for a safe house?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  7. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Need to include DoD in there, too. Who refused to send AC-130s from Italy? What happened to the alert troops at Vicenza?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012