close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Benelli Nova

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by South Fla, Jan 29, 2013.

1. South Fla

South Fla ©South Fla 2015

Oct 10, 2006
    Duh...
    I saw a new one for sale at a pretty good price and almost got it. But wanted to get the opinions of the masses here in the TS forum.

Opinions?

A good price?

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    I used to own a Nova SP.

Rugged, reliable, accurate (100m headshots with ghost rings and slugs regularly).

Easy to care for. The 3.5" receiver made it longer than it needed to be. Accessories can be hard to find.

3. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Solid shotgun. I called mine the Glock of Shotguns. Sold it for a M4. I have too many combat shotguns... I think I'm down to 5 right now.

But the Nova is a great gun and has some unique features such as the magazine bypass button on the bottom of the slide. Its also the only pump shotgun I know of that has a chrome lined chamber and bore for smooth operation and easy cleanup. The actions are a little "sticky" when they are new but a few hundred rounds downrange will slick it up fast just like an 870. Only the "SuperNovas" are 3.5"....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  4. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    I had a 18.5in ghost ring sight model and it was a great ergonomic shotgun. I just felt that it recoiled a bit much when I fired 3" birdshot ymmv

5. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    I never cared for mine. That said, it was rock solid, just didn't feel good and i couldn't put the stock I wanted on it.

6. South Fla

Oct 10, 2006
    Duh...
    Sounds like I need to go back and pick it up.

Thanks!

7. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I really like them, In my opinion they are a lot better gun than the current 870. I have an 18" "tactical" SuperNova and it is awesome. I do wish it was a 3" instead of 3.5" so it would have a little shorter throw. The Benelli Nova line is my current favorite pump gun.

8. katana8869

katana8869 NativeFloridian

Oct 17, 2005
    Occupied Territory
    I really like mine. I have the 18.5" Tactical model. Positives: Great ergonomics, light weight, smooth action, magazine cut off, EXCELLENT LPA ghost ring sights, accurate to 100 yards with slugs, great finish, chromed barrel. Negatives: Lack of aftermarket accessories and Benneli accessories are RIDICULOSLY expensive (eg: 99 bucks for a replacement recoil pad. Holy crap!!!) 3.5" chamber makes the gun longer than it really needs to be and it has alot and I do mean ALOT of rattle in the fore end. But..... it is an excellent value that gives you a major amount of bang for your buck esp when it is compared to the current crop of Remington 870 Express models (yes I do own one). If I had a choice between a Benelli Nova and a Remington Express, the Nova would be the hands down winner. No contest.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    I dig the Nova, one is on my short list. I have handled them a few times.

10. Well, I got a Super Nova Tactical and a 26" Super Nova for hunting. Yes, I love Benellis.

11. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Southcentral,PA
    Buy one, you won't be sorry. I have the Benelli Super Nova Tactical and a M4. Love them- and I have been issued a lot of shotguns in my time.

I really like the Pump foregrip in the SNT. I don't feel like I have to reach out, arm completely extended to hold it. I like a closer hold/grip.

12. deserttactical45

deserttactical45

Jan 17, 2011
    I've got a sn tactical and it's an awesome shotgun very reliable

13. Let's hope it's still there.

14. aaronmj

aaronmj

Dec 22, 2010
    Argyle, NY
    I own a supernova for turkey hunting, i'm in love!

15. South Fla

Oct 10, 2006
    Duh...
    It was. At a Dick's Sporting Goods no less.

I have looked several places for the extended magazine tube, but a lot of places are back ordered.

I do like the rifle/ghost ring sights.

I will be shooting it on Thursday!

16. katana8869

katana8869 NativeFloridian

Oct 17, 2005
    Occupied Territory
    I ordered a 2 shot extension made by Choate for mine. The finish on the extension is different but for 30 bucks the price was right and after trimming off a few coils from the replacement spring I can get 3 extra 2 3/4" shells in it with no problem. Had it installed for over a year, stored loaded and no problems or malfunctions whatsoever.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  17. JackMac

JackMac

Mar 13, 2011
    TX
    It is the low quality Benelli. Kind of like the C class Mercedes....it ain't top of the line.

18. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    What makes you say that it is low quality? I have 5 Benelli shotguns, and never noticed my SuperNova being low quality. What is the "high quality" pump action Benelli?(M3 doesn't count)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  19. I have the Benelli M2 Tactical, It’s a lot higher quality then many other shotguns I’ve owned. Especially the more popular brands mentioned on this forum. Like the shotgun people talk about having trouble ejection low brass shells because of machine marks in the chamber, then discussing how to correct this problem by polishing the chamber? Or the $800.00 semi auto with canted front sights or bent magazine extension. Now I’m not saying my Benelli M2 is the best shotgun on the market but after putting over 1,000 shells through my gun with most of them being the low brass cheap loads you get at Wal-Mart in their 100 shell value pack with zero malfunctions, I’d say it’s darn close.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  20. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

Feb 21, 2007
    My Benelli Nova Tactical was well worth the money spent.

Attached Files: