close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Benelli m4 tactical?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by drdriller, Aug 24, 2010.

1. drdriller

drdriller

Dec 24, 2007
    Houston
    Anyone know where i can buy a Benelli M4 Tactical online? Buds guns and ed's public safety don't carry it.
    thanks

2. drdriller

drdriller

Dec 24, 2007
    Houston
  3. seamaster

seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    I don't have a dealer suggestion but I have a question...What is your reason for choosing the M4 and have you handled and shot them? I'm asking because I have experience with them and could offer some advice.

Seamaster

4. drdriller

drdriller

Dec 24, 2007
    Houston
    I have a beretta fp1201. It kicks pretty hard. I was looking for something that may not kick as hard. If you could share your experiences with the benelli I would appreciate it.

5. AC45ACP

AC45ACP

Dec 10, 2008
    N. Texas
    TexasGuntrader.com
    I just bought this one today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Glocker08

Glocker08

Sep 22, 2008
    Gun Broker

7. Meat-Hook

Meat-Hook

Mar 13, 2002
    just for info:

my Benelli M-4 seems to prefer buckshot/slugs in order to perform without issues.

when using reduced recoil/low powered loads it seems to be struggling in order to cycle.

8. seamaster

seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    The recoil is less with the M4 but I can't say it's because of the operating system.

The 1201 is slightly heavier than 6 lbs and is recoil operated and the M4 is roughly 8 lbs heavier and is gas operated. It has the gas operated action and extra weight helping reduce the recoil. Personally, I find it too heavy.

I like the feel of the M2 tactical the best. It's in-between the Beretta and M4. It weighs about 7 lbs. And I prefer the regular style stock and not the pistol grip stock. I find recoil a non issue with it but that's me.

9. jmoln

jmoln

Dec 20, 2002
    Georgia and Alabama
    My M2 tac is up for sale because of the recoil issue. It may be that the stock doesn't fit me well or maybe I'm a wimp. Either way I want to stick to my 870 as felt recoil is better.