close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Benchmade Infidel

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by CDR_Glock, Aug 16, 2010.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    The Benchmade Infidel is an intriguing knife. It has a D2 blade but it is thin, albeit double edged. It's usefulness as a defensive knife is rather lacking given it's apparent effectiveness for stabbing/jabbing rather than slashing. Is there any practical use in your opinion, aside from being the flashiest looking letter opener?

I personally favor the Tanto given the slashing and penetrating superiority.

2. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    I'm not sure? I've messed with a few of them and I think microtech knives are way better!! I still will probably buy one just to have. I'd like to know more about them too!!

3. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Do you have a specific model that is recommended?

I actually researched more into the QC for the Infidel and the quality is variable. The Infidel is a no go.

4. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    Right now all the microtech knives are a little over priced because they've quit making them pretty much. They're working on whatever they call their AUG clone. I have a troodon and combat troodon. I like both of them!!! I've put my troodon through just about everything. I'm one of those people that takes everything to the limit. I'm probably not spelling it right but their scabbard model is the same size as my combat troodon but it has different grips. If you can wait about 8 months you'll be able to get a good deal on one because I think they'll start back up with their knife production. Tomorrow I'm going to go to my local gun shop and I'll send you a PM on what they have and their prices

5. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Benchmade Ruckus... now that is a better fighting knife, but then if you KNOW you will be fighting with a knife it really should be a fixed blade... unless you really wanna die with a broken knife in your hands....

Just at thought, just a thought...

6. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    I'd say if you pulled any knife out on an attacker that was unarmed, they'd leave. If you pulled a knife out on an attacker with a gun, then you're toast. I'd bet my life that a microtech blade wouldn't break off if you were fighting somebody off with it.

7. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    My Infidel is awesome but, I much prefer one of my Emersons as a "defensive" knife.

8. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    Depends on distance and skills. Up close, a SEAL with a knife would kill an average joe with a gun.

9. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I'm not impressed with the Infidel.

If you are looking at any OTF auto from a defensive purposes and don't plan on using it as a stabbing instrument you are simply looking in the wrong category of knife.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  10. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Oh boy..

11. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    Am I wrong?

12. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Rather melodramatic I'd say.

How many SEALS do you know that have done this?

13. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    None, I never claimed to. My point is, the gun doesn't always win the fight for you. Get some airsoft/simunition guns and some dummy knives and try it for yourself.

14. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I think I've seen enough of them to know the answer without throwing around what I think a SEAL could do on an internet gun forum as justification for a POS automatic knife. No offence intended.

15. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    No justification for a "POS auto knife" read my earlier post. If I had to resort to a knife, I'd rather it be an Emerson. Did someone piss in your breakfast this morning?

16. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    It's likely they did. That would explain a lot.

I've always found posts that reference the skills of "Name your elite fighting unit" a little passe.

I'll step out..

17. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    OP, I like my infidel and it is a quality knife. I also have a Microtech Halo and it is a good one too.

18. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    A good friend of mine's dad was a Seabee in Viet Nam and was picked up by the SEALs. He never spoke of it but one night, after a few whiskeys, he told some stories that I would never even dream of. After a few he got all teary eyed and went to bed. He's never said another word about it to us.

There's no doubt in my mind as to what these men are capable of. I apologize for offending you with my "passe" post, but that's how I feel.

19. JHorner_G17C

JHorner_G17C ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 4, 2007
    Nebraska

Ok, this I have to get in on. QUALITY KNIFE? :rofl: there are so many things lacking in the Infidel I don't even know where to start. Unless you are stabbing soft tissue, you need another knife. period. That is what the Infidel was made for and that is what its best at.

I am in and have been in and around the tactical operating community for almost 5 years. A SEAL with a knife is just like any other person with knife combat training. There are so many other variables to a "fight" situation, that arguing about who could take who out with a gun/knife is childish at best and should be left to the mall ninjas.

Bottom line: if you MUST have an OTF knife NOBODY compares to Microtech NOBODY. They are best at what they do and the Infidel was a meek attempt to get Benchmade some business.(it worked even I bought one) After 2 years of not-really-that-hard of use and 2 trips back to Benchmade, I sold her. Just my 2 cents....

20. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    A fixed blade will most likely be the strongest but they're not the coolest!!!