close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Beltway Right Wants To Cave On Immigration—But Fears Grassroots Anger

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by maxsnafu, Oct 25, 2013.

1. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
  2. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Us vs. Them isn't Republican vs Democrat but the government vs. its populace.

As time marches on, the parties will converge into a single "party."

And to think politicians fear the public "Anger" is a joke. What percentage of the U.S didn't want ObamaCare yet here we are.

3. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    [​IMG]

Doc44

4. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    OP:"Fears Grassroots Anger"

I certainly hope so.

5. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    They better fear us! Cause this is one thing, one line they better not cross. No amnesty for illegals and I don't give crap about there feelings. You will not reward criminal activities period!:steamed:

6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    the established politicians on both sides don't fear anything for themselves, they have duped enough voters to keep their seat. what they fear is the non-established politicians getting voted out and their side losing controlling power in the congress when they have pet projects to pander to or favors to pay back.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  7. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

What a vexing situation to be in. One one hand, if they vote to make illegal immigrants legal, they may get a lot of those votes. But, on the other hand, if they do make illegal immigrants legal, they may lose votes from their base.

It's tough, because, they never do what's right, it's all about the votes, and when the voting effect could end up being neutral, they just don't have any moral compass to go to instead.

And, they all saw what happened to the Tea Party when they voted for something on principal. Be a long time before anyone in Congress is stupid enough to do that again.

8. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    This is a good thing. I fear for my job all the time, it helps keep me on my toes and doing a good job. This is as it should be.

9. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

You've got to be kidding series1911.........:upeyes:

There is nothing to be gained for the GOP by legalizing illegal aliens......not one in a thousand will vote R. If you can be convinced that may be true, then there is another reason why the Republicans want to cave on the immigration issue.

I have some thoughts on just what that other reason might be, and it's not good for conservatism.......:steamed:

ooc

10. rdrkt

rdrkt

Feb 28, 2005
    Md
    Historically that hasn't been the case. It didn't help Reagan