close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

belt comparison

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Sportsfame18, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Sportsfame18

Sportsfame18

Aug 22, 2009
    Tennessee
    I always here about how great beltman belts are, but I was wanting to know how good the aker b21 belt is compared to it? I've decided to go with leather for ccw as it just looks more casual and the aker is alot more cheaper.
    Thanks

2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    I do not know about the Aker but like many things better costs more.
    I really like my Beltman belts. :supergrin:

3. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    The Aker B21 would be stiffer than an unreinforced beltman. The beltman uses higher quality leather, resulting in a belt that is more durable as well as attractive. A reinforced bullhide beltman would be a little stiffer than the B21, and should easily outlast the B21 by a good margin. A reinforced horsehide beltman would be a LOT stiffer than the B21, and may well outlast the person who buys it.

Which is best for you...depends on how stiff you like your belts.

4. ranger1968

ranger1968

Mar 23, 2009

This is a pretty good assessment of the two products;

Get the Beltman, and you will never look back.

5. Sportsfame18

Sportsfame18

Aug 22, 2009
    Tennessee
    I have never had a true stiff belt before so I wouldn't know lol

6. fortheboys

fortheboys

Feb 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    I bought one of those Aker belts a couple of years back. It started to wear fast on the certain spots I kept my gear on. Not impressed.
    I have a belt from Rafter gunleather that I bought several years ago. It is still going strong. I am going to purchase from the beltman shortly.

7. R*E

R*E

May 12, 2008
    I just received a horsehide belt from Beltman a couple of weeks ago. The quality of leather and workmanship is outstanding. It's much too soon to know how it will hold up but I have a favorable first impression.

8. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    The next time that I need a belt, I'll likely buy one from the Beltman.

9. sig83

sig83

Mar 16, 2012
    I have a Beltman as well. It lasted me about 4 years. When I say lasted, it will no longer support the weight of a full size 1911 OWB. So now the Beltman is on Glock duty. But to be fair, it was the only belt I wore for 4 years, every single day. It has stretched about an inch and is almost as flimsy as a walmart belt now.

Currently I am using a AG Gunleather belt, which is stiff as hell and supports my 45 perfectly. Ask me in 4 years about it

I plan to order a CompTac belt with the stiffener in it just to see how it is.

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I have used the Aker belt. mI only used it for competition and it didn't last all that long. The stiffener between layers will wear out any belt. Hoowever, the Aker is a lot cheaper and I can buy one and walk out of the store with it, instead of waiting.

Now I don't use stiffener lined belts or bellts with stitched layers. A single thickness of thick leather is the best way to get a durable belt and I can make those for myself all day long, since I started making leather stuff.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  11. iron medic

iron medic My Little Men!

Jun 5, 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    I just bought a new 5.11 reinforced belt and have been very impressed with it. Springfield TRP in a galco combat master, spare mag, and surefire.

12. Nickanto

Nickanto

Dec 19, 2010
    I've got one coming from Zachs gun belts coming this week. From what I've seen and read, I shouldn't be disappointed

13. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano VIVA MEXICO !!!

Jan 28, 2004
    Monterrey, Mexico
    8 years with my BELTMAN belts, had to buy new ones because of size. Old ones are like new.

I love my new ones, as good as ever.

14. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    I've had mine for a year, and aside from getting fat, I hope to never have to replace it.