close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Belligerent drunk driver ahead of you-What do you do? *video*

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by brausso, Apr 30, 2012.

1. brausso

brausso

The obvious answer is call the popo, but this looked like a rural area and who knows how long it would take for them to get there. I guess this guy did it right by just being a good witness, but it's crazy how many innocent lives were in serious jeopardy.

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d0a_1335247711"]LiveLeak.com - Drunk Driver nearly causes Multiple Accidents - Ends up Crashing[/ame]

2. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

Isn't the obvious answer to shoot out the tires? :dunno:

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I think I've been hammered pretty good in the past.

However, I don't think I've ever been THAT hammered.

Damn!

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform

Saw a similar thing happen in town one night and I just stayed behind the guy (driving an fairly old F150) and got on the phone with 911.

Finally came up to a stop light and a cop cruiser happened to come by that I was able to flag down... told the cop I'd been following him for the past 5 or 6 miles.... cop pulled in front of me.... light turned green... cop stayed right behind him... guy was all of the 4-lane road... went completely on the other side of double yellow line...

cop didn't immediately pull him over...

15 seconds later, guy went into oncoming traffic and went head-on into a mini-van with a mom and a boatload of kids. ...

I wasn't sure who to be more ticked off at, quite frankly... Looked like nobody was actually hurt (miracle), but the cop waved me off as he jumped out of the car, yanked the door open and pulled the guy out rather roughly.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

I'd do what those guys did. I'd probably keep a bit more distance but I'd just follow him so I could be a good witness and call 911.

6. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

I don't think I would have been following so close behind him.

7. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Ummm, why didn't they call 911? It may have been rural, looked more suburban to me, but there were plenty of houses. I'd bet a cop wasn't far away.

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

For all you idiots that think legalizing drugs is a good idea, watch this video very closely. It's obvious that people can't control themselves on alcohol and drive and you think drugs are a good idea too?

Your as ignorant as the jerk driving in the video. The guy driving the SUV should go to prison for a long time. I still don't understand why the penalty for OVI is so lax. It needs to be extremely stiff. Things like this should carry a automatic 10 years.

People like this are endangering so many lives and there just isn't one justifiable excuse for it. This kind of crap makes me so damn mad! :steamed:

9. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Or the driver. :whistling:

(At least he couldn't ever endanger anyone again that way.)

10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

As long as there is free will there will always be some portion of the populace abusing drugs, booze, their kids, the system, the environment, their pets, their significant others, their adult dependents, the dead, graveyards, houses of worship, unsuspecting 20 somethings, their neighbors...etc.

Mental illness is not quite understood. We have little, or no safeguards built into the system that you will not one day snap and lower a car lift on an associate, or that you won't take your gun into work and shoot all seven of your colleagues.

One of the few things that mankind has understood for as long as we have had laws is that legislation alone has never solved any of our problems. It has almost always required a combination with education, and integration with mores and morals to work.

We need to spend more of the money we already allocate to the war on drugs/booze on education. Alas, such ideas are not politically horny...so more often than not the sizzle wins out over the substance.

-G

11. NickC50310

NickC50310

You get the ignorant post of the day award! CONGRATS! Drunk driving IS illegal and look how much that prevented. Felons arent allowed to have guns and look how much THAT prevents. You get the point I hope.

Anywho, I have been in the EXACT same situation several years back.

I was driving home about 12am several years ago with a friend of mine. I was at a busy intersection about to turn right on a green when I caught a flash out of my left eye and slammed the brakes. Not more than 5 inches from my front bumper a Durango blew the red light going 60+ in a 35. I would have been TOAST if I didnt catch it. So now I was pissed. I get up along side the guy ready to give him a piece of my mind but alas- HE IS PASSED OUT AT THE NEXT LIGHT! I realized what was going on and got behind him and called 911. I followed for several miles through the heart of Des Moines (where there are usually TONS of cops) and nobody ever showed up. He was all over the road and even the sidewalk. He even ran a couple more lights. Luckily I never saw him wreck. Eventually after following him for several miles I had to give up since it was obvious no cop was going to come. Wish I could have knocked him off the road and beat the tar out of him.

12. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Way to push your agenda. This has nothing to do with drugs. He is already breaking the law so do you really think that any other laws would stop him from doing this? Get real :rofl:

13. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:agree:.....................:goodpost:...took the words right out of my mouth

:50cal:

14. AA#5

AA#5

:rofl: "Your" as ignorant as the jerk driving in the video."

Legalizing drugs wouldn't make a difference, IMO. Besides, you have no way of knowing whether alcohol or drugs was involved in this incident. Likely alcohol, however.

FWIW, (and, as discussed on this forum previously), I can't speak for other drugs, but in my teens, I've been a passenger in a vehicle, driven by someone using marijuana & hashish on numerous occasions & never once did the driver do anything unsafe or reckless.

15. frank4570

frank4570

Make alcohol illegal. Then alcohol use will stop the way drug use has stopped.

16. Dexters

Dexters

Pedophiles say the the same thing.

17. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

Huh?:rofl:

18. frank4570

frank4570

He's saying that drunk drivers are like pedophiles because they both hurt innocent people.:cool:

19. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

What makes you so sure he was on alcohol and not some illegal drug?

20. droidfire

droidfire

Ban cars. It's for the children.