close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Belleville cops booted from Denny's for toting guns

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ronduke

ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
  2. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

Oct 30, 2011
    Oklahoma, USA
    Started out surprised.

Found out if was in Illinois, was no longer surprised.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

3. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    At least the Chief is being practical about it.

4. I'm sure for the other 24-hour diners, this is good news.

5. Should be titled "Detectives Dine and Dash at Denny's"

6. RetailNinja

RetailNinja

Jan 31, 2007
    Tuktoyaktuk
    Detectives Dreamy Dining gets Dashed by Dastardly Denny's Deviant.

7. Clark's 22

Clark's 22

Aug 24, 2006
    Kansas
    What bothers me is that the news articles said officers all had badges visible even though they were in plainclothes. Why would that make someone uncomfortable? Perhaps it was the fact that they were cops that made them uncomfortable.

8. COLOSHOOTR

COLOSHOOTR

Sep 29, 2005
    Colorado
    What scares me even more are the comments where all the paranoid tin foil crowd think because the Detectives were not in uniform they shouldn't have had guns. Thanks to the media vilifying guns people are so scared of any gun now that they freak even if someone comes in with a badge on and a holstered gun. After all we all know those crazy hi-capacity assault pistols cops carry might just jump out of their holsters and start shooting on their own.....

9. JackMac

JackMac

Mar 13, 2011
    TX
    next time they call the police for help.....well....they may have to deal with it on their own....as best they can. Dennys is not a real classy place anyway.

10. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    Was wondering how much range time or personal practice does the average LEO do ?

11. bear62

bear62

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    I avoid ALL Dennys ........... primarily because of the food..... :rofl::rofl:

12. 11A

11A

Nov 28, 2011
    Dango,

How does your question further the current conversation?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. PBR Sailor

PBR Sailor

Dec 4, 2004
    CONUS
    Denny's is not anti-police and they certainly like armed officers to eat at their restaurants. It sounds like the manager has an attitude problem. This is not the first restaurant manager who does not like police and it won't be the last.

14. CW Mock

CW Mock

Feb 4, 2006
    I do enough to mow down 2-4 bystanders per dirty shoot. That's why I always carry several plant guns and dope baggies to make sure I'm covered.

I don't have time to practice with all the SWTOR, football and naps I take, plus having to keep my jackboots shined.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    You're right, that's, more than likely, what the problem was. One report showed a woman saying maybe they could have been fake badges. These lib dems can twist things around and bounce them off a wall, but never look at the truth. What a joke.

16. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    :animlol:

17. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  18. x_out86

x_out86

Feb 19, 2007
    Wisconsin
    STELLAR!

I have heard stories about these mythical department heads that still have the balls to stand up for their employees without hesitation....Guess a few still do exist out there, just not in legend.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

As much as we want, on your dime, boy! Sometimes, I even get extra bonus ammo to take home for stockpiling purposes... again, on your dime! Heck, sometimes? I get extra ammo every single time I go to the range, it's awesome!

I have so much ammo that I am out of space and I am stuffing bullets into every crevice, cupboard, bin, and corner in the house. I can't even walk around without tripping on loose shells.

Yeah, my fake badge and real gun will still work better than her fake brain and the lib's fake outrage when they are confronted by the real criminals who mean to do them real harm.