Before Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SixkillerEnterprises, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

I have had a legal "pistol permit" as issued by the local sheriff for 40 years. I always carried concealed, and was always legal.

As a young boy, I open carried my .22 rifle on many occasions on the way to the woods.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Keeping a handgun in a car has always been legal in Florida as long as it was securely encased. Before Gov. Martinez signed Shall Issue, each county had their own permit system. Palm Beach, Broward and Dade county had very strict permit requirements. Most everyone kept a gun in their car. I always had my BHP in an Uncle Mike's holster in the glovebox.

3. I so not routinely cc. In 1979 I was a seminary student working nights as a guard in a shipyard. That first summer I got shot at. I found and bought a Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP which I stuck in my pocket and carried. It never occurred to me that I needed anyone's permission to have a gun. Three years later, I graduated and left New Orleans. Lately have been giving thought to qualifying for cc. Not yet made up my mind.

4. Getting shot at changes one's whole perspective on what is and is not allowed by our servants. Glad you made it through.

5. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out
    CLM

That's all well and good as a theory but GT's terms of service still dictate it's not to be tolerated as a topic of discussion here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.