close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Before/After Extractor Ejection Testing(glock 19)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by di11igaf, Aug 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Heres some vids i took at the range that i put together to compare how the ejection changed for me and my wife before(with the original 'dipped') and after(non-dipped, #2 on the post) new extractor.
    If your tired of these threads, or think this problem doesnt exist, or its all shooter/ammo, well, you dont have to read any further.
    In the before part of the vid, ammo is 124 WIN NATO and 115 Federal Champ.
    After part of vid is a variety of ammo- 115 UMC, 115 Federal Champ., 115 Hornandy Critical Defense, 124 Gold Dot
    Gen 3, SYL serial, test fired 3/12
    A definite improvement so far, Its always been the worst with hotter ammo, ejecting straight back or left.
    So far no left ejections or stovepipes in about 500 rounds. It does stovepipe with no mag with new extractor.
    Vids are bad unless you set them to HD(cell phone) and im no video editor soooo(again id say watch on YouTube site in hd or probably can't see brass)
    [ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhUiwcwzMjM"]GLOCK 19- Before/After New Ejector Test - YouTube[/ame]
    Yes that is my wifes range bag(let her pick her own stuff, do her own thing and it gets her out every weekend)
    This bothered her more than me(not that I was happy with it), glocks are her favorite to shoot, she doesnt like to go if she cant shoot them, and this ejection issue with this 19 started to f*&k that up.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tARQ-94eH6w"]GLOCK 19- Wifey Before/After New Extractor Test - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. Marred

Marred

What ejector does it have, The 336 or 30274?

3. normal.guy

normal.guy

looks good it me. not perfect, but a whole lot better.

4. PAGunner

PAGunner

Good job, non-dipped extractors seem to make significant improvements, perhaps not as good as the old non-dip, but definite improvements.

5. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Ya, better, not as good as my other previous 9mm glocks, but for now its ok. These videos show a general improvement, but we both ate a few brass after, and it still has a tendency to eject some ammo
    back, or erratically(135gr hydra-shoks).
    I may just try the new ejector(30274) for ****s and giggles, see what happens.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  6. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Any idea where I could pick up an old one? If I can find one, ill put it in and compare it to the new non-dipped.