close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Beer handed out at Indy mini marathon

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by FThorn, May 6, 2007.

1. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Never heard of this practice. Indy Star has a handful of pics of this being done.

I find this odd. Is it GOOD/BAD for someone running a marathon to drink alcohol?

Is there an open container law or public consumption law? (I don't know since I don't drink)

What about checking someone's age?

Where were the excise police?

http://tinyurl.com/25usqy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. biggl35

biggl35 NFA user

Jul 3, 2005
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sounds like a great motivational ploy, well it would be for me. ;)

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    All I can think is that running and beer would not mix well. All that carbonation churning around as you are running. That would only lead to :puking: for me. Beer is for afterwards IMO, not during.

But hey, if some people like it, then go for it. It is a free country after all...... well somewhat. ;)

4. luxone

luxone dis-Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Indianapolis
    If some idiot wants to drink beer during his 13+ mile run, I say "Go for it"! As the son of a 30 year veteran of the Indiana State Excise Police, I can tell you they have bigger fish to fry. People handing out 2 ounces of beer at a mini-marathon tends to not get their attention. As far as where they were? Probably out tending to some complaint filed by another member of the Morality Police.

5. Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Jan 11, 2005
    NW Indiana
    Some tout beer as an electrolyte replenishment, but usually after the race!

6. Prometheus77

Prometheus77 GOA - RWVA

Jun 29, 2005
    Indiana
    Alcohol is a diapharetic (sp)... meaning it dehydrates you... Not a good idea at all.

I think it's cool for them to do it, but some dolt who thinks 'fluid is fluid' is likely to down a couple and wonder why he's so parched :tongueout:

7. ericXD9

ericXD9

Jul 28, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I always make it a point to get a cup. They're so small, there's no way it could make any real difference either way (unless you're an elite athlete, which I doubt applies to any of us). It's just past the 10-mile mark, so you've only got 5K left anyway.

8. axel

axel Nov. 11, 1918

Oct 19, 2003
    Indiana
    I'll have to remember that when my wife asks me how many beers I've had!

Honey, it's for the electrolytes, honest.:rofl:

9. seamus

seamus

Nov 25, 2005
    indiana
    They give out BIG:beer: glasses of Michelob ultra at the finish of the Chicago Marathon. It tastes great! I wouldn't drink any during a marathon though, you're already doing bad things to yourself without adding alcohol into the mix.