close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beef Jerky - Good national brands?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Buffering, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

Aug 8, 2005
    Rocking the Casbah
    I've got this thing for beef jerky. The kind where the smoke flavor comes from being smoked instead of being in liquid form.

I'm always on the lookout for good jerky - just ordered a bunch from Tillamook and before that The Jerky Hut.

Brands I don't like are Oberto or Jack Link. Bridgeford and the new Slim Jim aren't bad but are OK in a pinch.

I like old fashioned smoked jerky and beef/pepperoni sticks but not the kind that ooze fat when you take them out of the vacuum pack.

Internet companies or mail order, I'll take all your recommendations.

2. hint: make your own ;)

Once you seasoned and dried your own you'll never go back to store bought or commercial sources. Try all lean beef or elk for a good taste and texture.

You can also find alot of jekry aficionados that do a good job also ;)

3. jawjaboy

jawjaboy Casual lead ho

Mar 1, 2002
    RFD South Georgia
  4. Hey not to hijack but that sml 4 & 5 trays do they work pretty good? I could use something like that for peppers?

Right now I'm averaging 2-3 weeks hanging by the window for drying some pepper up, I could double duty this excalibur ( starter kit ) and crank out some jerky also.

5. Michael Dean

Michael Dean

Feb 18, 2002
    OKC
    The Beef Jerky Emporium

Here is a link to a Jerky store here in Oklahoma City, that does mail order. They also carry a large line of hot pepper items.