close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beckley Prelims Have Posted

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by SMLR, Aug 16, 2011.

1. SMLR

SMLR

Congratulations to the winners!

2. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Just my luck.

A 75 takes first in Am Civ and a 70 in Heavy Metal. Heck, I shot a crappy 67 in HM at Knoxville, one of the toughest courses I've seen.

Matches I go to? 55 takes first. Matches I skip? 75.

:faint:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

it happens Ron. shot a PB and get nothing. shoot a score that would of won by a mile at last years match and it's good for 10th this year. i'm a lot happier shooting a crappy score when there was or is no chance of beating the winner than shooting a good/great score and getting nothing for it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  4. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Knoxville will ALWAYS be tough because the only "Five to Glock" that will fit into the available space is that elongated "V" shape that puts the two far targets out "Past Fort Mudge" at 70 feet. :steamed:

That is some tough shooting. :wow:

That is a reason why one GSSF match cannot be "strictly" compared to another.

Differing range requirements may well define the level of difficulty encountered. :faint:

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Exactly 300 entries. Bravo, Beckley Gun Club!:wavey:

6. wheels41

wheels41

Thanks DannyR!!!
    We really appreciate all the shooters that attended our first match and all the help with pasting the targets. We're really looking forward to next year.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I'll be promoting next year's match at our indoor match this Sunday, and every Sunday that we have a match. There were at least 16 shooters from the Greater Roanoke Valley that attended this year's event.

8. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Agreed. I actually like Knoxville, VERY challenging setup.

I mentioned that, only in the fact that I was able to shoot a 67 there in Heavy Metal, probably would be a 60 at other events. And a 70 won Beckley. So... assuming it was "easier" than Knoxville.... my presence could have been a gun. Of course, I would have had to sneak up there and not tell Shannon. LOL.

9. The Highlander

The Highlander

I'm glad you stayed home Ron, moved me up a notch in AmCiv and in Comp!

10. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Well, at least SOMEBODY is happy! LOL.

You have satisfying results ?

11. mike g35

mike g35

I am going to do all I can as a resident of WV to make sure next years match is even bigger. My local gun shop told me I could hang flyers in the windows and they would give them to all the customers who buy Glocks or are interested in competition shooting but I think I will need to contact the GSSF and the Beckley Gun Club and see if they care if I do it.

12. SARDG

SARDG

Never been to Beckley club, but can they handle droves of people? The Reevesville match was a nice venue but our 100-110 entries nearly filled her up for 2 days.

13. mike g35

mike g35

61st in CivAm (Ugh!!!) but 12th in unlimited. I am extremely happy to shoot that high in a division that has masters in it and since it was my first match I am even happier. The Civ Am score will come up easily in Lexington I was just nervous and I know I can shoot better than the crappy performance I put on that day with the G17.

14. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

Now don't you always fuss at me when I compare scores from one match to another? :tongueout:

15. The Highlander

The Highlander

Not bad, I'm happy overall, but not satisfied. I shot my brand new 17L in Comp and finished 21st out of 73 (10th if I don't count the Master shooters!). Literally the second box of rounds fired through the pistol, and it was a personal best time, so I'm really happy with that.

In AmCiv, I shot my trusty 17 and finished 17th out of 97. Not my best time, but my highest finish.

Thanks for asking!

16. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Sounds like it was a great match, In Mike's videos it looks like a pretty scenic range. Congrats to all participants and winners. It's hard to compare one match to another different setups, varying temperatures, precipitation, mosquitos, or waiting a long time to shoot a stage.......(whisper)Knoxville.

17. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

U did good mike!
    congrats!
    greg

18. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

The range will have more set-ups next year, they have plenty of room for them.

Bring money for the "I survived the road" tee shirts. They should be a hot item.

The road is not that bad if you take it slow.

One Corvette made it.

19. The Highlander

The Highlander

The road was not a problem at all, but I am glad I left the Mustang GT at home! I passed the guy in the red Corvette on my way in Sunday, he didn't look too upset. Overall though, I'm glad we brought the SUV!

20. Bob F.

Bob F.

The road was much better than a week ago, but it's WV; we can't do much about the ups& downs!! The gravel range road will be much better next year, barring "100yr storm".

We've got room, and actually had plans for this year. Now that the members have been bitten by the GSSF bug, we'll have more help. Already had a new equip operator volunteer.

Placed 57 in Civ Am. Had a good for me run on the plates but had a stove-pipe. Armorer changed the connector and I was the last shooter Sat evening, dog tired so I had a built-in excuse and needed it. 2 more FTE's so blaming crappy WWB also!!

Mike, I don't see any reason we'd object to you promoting the match! Actually would appreciate it.

Stay safe.
    Bob