Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Beckley Hotels

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Mrs Glockrunner, Aug 5, 2012.

1. This is our first trip to the Beckley match. I've been checking hotels in the area, and as of right now we have a room in Princeton.

Just wondering if we should get something closer? We have decent room rates, but we are a little ways from the range.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. Pat
  2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Hey Pat;

How about a tent and sleeping bag. I would say a sleeping bag under an overpass but not sure they exist in that area. :supergrin::rofl::faint:

3. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    There are plenty of nice hotels in the charleston area. It's about an hour or so from the match.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Princeton is your best bet. If I were to spend the night, it would be there.
  5. An HOUR from the match??? That would cut in to my sleep time and I may just as well drive every morning from Tampa! Well, maybe not Tampa... I'd sleep in my truck first though!

The GSSF folks do stuff like that; probably explains why they're frequently late to the party.
  6. I think I'll keep our room in Princeton. It's very reasonable and near a Crackerbarrel.

See you there, Danny!
  7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I hope to get there by 1pm on Saturday.:wavey:
  8. Bob and I will be on the lookout for you. Looking forward to saying hello.
  9. youngann

youngann Pistol People

Aug 7, 2012
    We're going to be at the Baymont in Beaver WV which I think it's about 13 miles from the range.