close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Because I don't want to be accused of being a faker

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by FiremanMike, Mar 8, 2012.

1. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    I turned in my badge and ID today. I've been contemplating it for months, but was motivated by a part-time job offer earlier this week which will take up a good chunk of my free time. 3 years as a sworn officer, I am now officially back to being just a hose humper with a ccw.. The chief and one of the Sgts were disappointed to see me go, the other sgt is likely doing a dance right about now.

It's been fun, and I'm not entirely OK with this decision, but I think it's probably for the best.

2. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Sometimes you have to know what's best for YOU.

Good luck at dragging hoses, saving basements, eating chili in the easy chair, and sleeping on the job!

:tongueout:

3. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Congratulations on regaining all your Rights.

Enjoy your new part time job!

4. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

Congrats! :wavey:

And don't worry...I will happily fill the slot that you just opened up in the LEO field. :supergrin: :cool:

5. This.......Best of luck....

6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    most small departments get bent outa shape because they now have to find another chump er um i mean candidate to do the dirty work for low pay and poor or almost no benefits.

nothing wrong with being a hose humper with a ccw if youre being treated right.

7. Numismatist

Numismatist 5-Stand!

Nov 2, 2011
    Coast of Maine
    Many years ago, I did all three: police, fire, and Paramedic. It was all too much. Had to pick one to focus. But that was many years ago. Now I play with other people's money...lol

Good Luck with your endeavors!

8. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    That's more than I expected from you. Thanks, I think?

Thanks all, I'd love to say I feel a huge sense of "relief" but I really don't feel anything. On one hand I'm excited at the new job, excited to not constantly have to look at everything through cop eyes, excited to have a bit more time with my family. On the other hand I will miss the fun times, the good guys/gals, the lucky busts.. I won't miss the paperwork though, lol!

9. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Undoubtedly a part time gig producing the "Hot firefighters 2013" calendar. :cool:

Good luck to you.

10. What about being a reserve to keep your commission updated? Good luck with your endeavors man!

11. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    I won't even have time for the 16 hours per month. This new gig will be 3 12 hour shifts every two weeks on top of my 24/48..

12. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    I'll still talk to you, just not publicly.:supergrin:

13. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Dog Lover

Jun 9, 2006
    North Alabama
    You and MeefZah work together???????

Probably a hard decision you had to make, and you're plainly clear on what you believe is best. I gotta respect that.

Stick around here on CT.

14. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    Hah! I'll be like your dirty mistress :)

Nah, we've met on several occasions.

Lol

15. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    When Mike was considering going to the academy, he was posting a bit on CT, and I reached out to him and offered him to come ride with me, and tried to help him find a part time commission; we became something of friends for a bit, I guess.

16. Good luck in your future endeavors, Mike! You gotta do what is right for you and your family. :wavey:

17. GumbyDammit

GumbyDammit Xtra CoCheese

Our PD stole 2 hose draggers from the dark side, it's only fair a couple go the other way.

Best of luck!!