Beavertail Backstraps

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GJHIII, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Anybody try the BTBS and decide it's a great addition?
    I've never had a slide bite issue other then with a Browning Hi-Power. Certainly not with a Glock. But I thought I'd try one on my "New" G17 Gen4. Wow, I can't believe they didn't come out with this addition sooner. My draw, grip and trigger pull improved immediately.
    So what say you all? Yay or Nay?
    (I was going to ask this question in a previous post, but it was closed down) Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    FDE Gen 4 beavertail backstraps for G17 or 22 General Glocking Jan 19, 2014
    Factory FDE Beavertail backstraps General Glocking Apr 7, 2013
    Glock 19 beavertail backstraps General Glocking Apr 2, 2013
    Gen 4 beavertail backstrap use General Glocking Jul 7, 2015
    Anyone using the beavertail backstrap on gen 4 19? General Glocking Jun 3, 2015

3. Personally, I never have had a problem. I tried one on but didn't like the feel and took it off.

4. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

I did not think that I would like it. Figured I should get a 1911 if I wanted a beaver tail. I decided to try it, glad I did. I really like it.

5. Have a Gen 3 and a Gen 4. Have to say I love the backstrap on the 4. Can grip it higher without the slide bite.

6. I just put one on my Gen 4 G26 and really love it. I don't have large hands, but ended up with the large beavertail as the one I prefer.

7. I like it...

8. Shootinbil

Millennium Member

I bought the Glock 26th generation 4. I put on the large Beavertail and really liked it a lot. So I bought some aftermarket ones for my other four glocks. I really like the way they feel and I get a higher grip on the gun.

9. You have a Gen 26!? I have so many questions.... Did they finally undercut the trigger guard? Are the finger grooves gone? What about grip texture? How's the finish!?

:tongueout:

10. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

I have beavertail back straps on my gen3 G19 and G26. It allows me to get a proper high hold, thumbs forward grip without adding an additional slide bite scar I got on a G19 without one. IMO, Glock should have a beavertail as part of their frames.

#10 Nakanokalronin, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  11. GHAIII "...So what say you all? Yay or Nay?"

I say Yay.

I bought one for my G19 (Gen 3) and I really like it. With a bit more "stout" rounds it really does help with recoil. Good feel at the range and for Home protection - helps gets your hand in position when you have to grab in the dark & go.

Not for every situation or use but IMHO I think it is a good upgrade for your Glock.

http://www.gripforceproducts.com/

Just my 2 cents

12. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I love the beavertail. My right hand has a permanent little scar from slide bite - almost every time I shot a Glock for 23 years, there was blood. No drawback to the beavertail that I can find.

13. Can you use the Non-factory beaver tail add on for GSSF? My guess would be no.

#13 Boot Stomper, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  14. QB

QB

Jury is out for me because I haven't shot my G34 Gen4 yet. I did have the beavertail (medium) on my current G34 and decided that the trigger reach felt better without any backstraps on it. But that was just sitting around holding it, not shooting it at the range.

I have a second G34 Gen 4 coming in Friday and I will install the medium beavertail on one and not the other then take them to the range and see what I like.

I'm betting I'll like them without any backstraps but may be surprised once I shoot them. I'll post back after I go to the range.