close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bear Down AZ - Texas T is coming home!

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by Texas T, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Jan 25, 2000
    Aridzona
  2. Texas T

Jan 25, 2000
    Aridzona
    We'll be looking at rental houses in Maricopa and QC next week. Most of the homes want a one year lease which is not to my liking but I understand why. That will give us plenty of time to look all over the place and maybe fall into something real sweet even if we have to eat a couple months of rent. SWMBO wanted to do an apt, but I hate apt living and really didn't want to have to endure that for even six months. Plus, we'd have to put most everything into storage and add those costs on top of the rent. And apt rents are not that much less than that of a house.

3. Texas T

Jan 25, 2000
    Aridzona
    Wound up with a place in Johnson Ranch. Maricopa was WAAAY too far out for us, and even Johnson Ranch is going to be a long haul into Chandler, but this will give us a chance to see what traffic patterns are like before we make a purchase.

I was amazed at some of the prices though. If you had a lot of spare cash you can really make some good long term investments right now.

We looked at one place that will be going up for auction in a couple of weeks. Opening bid was only $50K but it will probably wind up going for about $350K or so. It was 5200 sq ft with 5 bdrms. If you could snag that for $250K and hang onto to it for a few years it would bring a good ROI.