close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BDU Shirt with Removable Sleeves????

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Philly K-9, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Philly K-9

Philly K-9 Run! I Dare ya!

Oct 18, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA.
    My department allows us (K9, SWAT, Homeland Security etc.,) to wear black BDU's on patrol. Because they fade I buy them in a set, pants & shirt together, rather than buy/wear the same pairs of pants with both short and long sleeve shirts.

I was wondering if anyone makes BDU's or a "Tactical Dress Shirt" (Propper & Tru-Spec) with sleeves that are removable for both summer and winter?

Any ideas? I did a Google search but got nothing. :dunno:

Thanks!!!! :wavey:

2. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    My best guess would be something from Bratwear, but that would be pretty spendy. On the upside, it most likely wouldn't fade.

3. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Where do the stripper cops get their breakaway uniforms? Removeable sleeves ought to be a piece of cake for them... :whistling::tongueout:

Randy

5. ray9898

ray9898

May 29, 2001
    Georgia
    I always paired my new stuff together and labeled them with a laundry marker. I had summer sets and winter sets that never separated throughout their life.

6. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Try the Woolite dark laundry detergent and wash in cold water. My uniforms haven't faded at all in three years using it.

7. Philly K-9

Philly K-9 Run! I Dare ya!

Oct 18, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA.
    I've tried Whoolite and cold wash and I label my uniforms and keep the same shirt and pants together. I also dry clean them about 75% of the time. They fade. That's just a fact of life with that 65% / 35% fabric.

I was looking for removable sleeves so I can save a little cash by only buying one shirt for both seasons.

8. What about just buying long sleeve shirts and rolling up the sleeves?

I wear BDUs for crowd control shifts and wear long sleeve shirts (even in the summer). The day we had our riot I had the sleeves rolled up but once things kicked off the sleeves came down and provided a little extra protection to the arms.