close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

BCM Bolt Carrier Question

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Poolman21, May 12, 2011.

1. Poolman21

Poolman21

Jul 27, 2010
    I bought a used BCM upper and the bolt carrier doesn't have the white BCM lettering that I see on other BCM bolts. Does anyone know if they make/made them without the white lettering? Also, is there any other way to tell if it is actually a BCM BCG? I'm hoping the seller didn't pull a fast one on me and keep the BCM BCG and give me something cheaper. The gas key is properly staked.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. BBJones

BBJones

Mar 2, 2010
    BCM did sell unmarked BCG's. I know of no way to tell if yours is authentic or not.

This is why everyone is now marking them.

3. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock Glock Armorer

Dec 28, 2005
    Florida
    Try calling BCM to see if there is a way to identify it as theirs.

4. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    If it looks to be properly staked I wouldn't much worry about it.

FYI Colt BCGs are marked with a C, CMT/Stag are marked CMT, and DPMS are said to be stamped TC.

A Stag SBR I have has a BCG with grooves/pitting type marks in the metal, which I have never seen on other Colt,BMI,CMT, etc. carrier groups.

5. thisaway

thisaway Moderator

Jan 11, 2000
    Soddy Daisy, Tenn.
    IIRC, DPMS bolts & carriers are marked with a large "D", and RRA carriers are marked with a large "R". BCM does sell BCGs without their logo, so it is likely whomever sold you the upper also sold you the BCM BCG.

6. DPris

DPris

Mar 3, 2006
    Utah
    Thought I saw an un-marked carrier on BCM's website a few days ago.
    Did you look there?

I just got a charging handle from 'em & frankly would prefer not to have their billboards on my guns.
    Nothing against the company, I just don't need white printing showing up here & there. :)
    Denis

7. Jack Black

Jack Black

Dec 19, 2000
    Vegas Baby!
    If you buy a bolt carrier separately it's unmarked, but if you buy a complete bolt carrier group it has the BCM logo. Same thing with the upper receivers. A stripped upper is umarked, but a completed upper has the logo. I think it's so you can't put any old cheap parts with them and call them a BCM upper/bolt.

8. DPris

DPris

Mar 3, 2006
    Utah
    OK, just had a memory of passing an un-marked carrier while wandering through.
    Thanks.
    Denis