close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Basic computer Internet Site?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Gary1911A1, May 28, 2007.

1. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    I know little to nothing about computers and the internet other than to be able to post comments and some pictures if I hold my mouth right. Where is a good site for people who know little about these? Thanks.

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Depends on what you want to do... The problem with asking about "basic" skills, as theres a gazillion programs out there, and it would take you some time to learn the basic skills of all...

Best thing to do, is when you want to do something, do a Google Search...

If that turns up nothing, you have the Tech Talk forum... ;)

IGF

3. DiverDn

DiverDn Diver Down

Nov 1, 2004
    Iowa
    +1 to what Indy said

Also use can use the help menu to each program. I know that some of the problem is that you don't know what to look for, but the help menu can get you out of some jams.

4. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    Thanks, to me it's a little like reading greek to understand greek. I did find a good forum for notebooks and Brian's Forum has a section for Apples.

5. Bronson7

Bronson7

May 19, 2002
    Murray,Kentucky
    I've used a forum called PC Perspective. They're predominately geared toward AMD rigs, but also have a lot of info on Intel. Some pretty sharp cookies there and pretty friendly. I've found the folks there give the most reliable information.
    http://forums.pcper.com/
    Bronson7