Barry threatened VETO if Congress attempted Sequestor Avoidance

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Cavalry Doc, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-...as-pledge-veto-backtracking-spending-cuts-ign

It's amazing just how short the Memory in North America really is.

POTUS: "My message to [Congress] is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off-ramps on this one."

BARRY is on track to make the miniscule cuts as painful to the American people as possible, to prove that cuts in spending are not desirable.

:popcorn:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Marion Barry -- Dead at 78 The Okie Corral Nov 23, 2014
    Marion Barry Dead How I will remember him.. The Okie Corral Nov 23, 2014
    Thanks barry.... Political Issues Nov 18, 2014
    Marion Barry’s car impounded after crash on $2,800 in unpaid traffic ticket Political Issues Aug 5, 2014
    RIP Barry from Moss Pawn (Gun Gripes) The Okie Corral Apr 14, 2014

3. He's about to catch up to that can he kicked down the road a while back.

4. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry
    Millennium Member

He and his spokesmen are all over the map on this one.

Amazing to see the MSM try to ignore it.

5. Let him eat his cake

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

7. Yep so that little photo op Monday was just a bunch of BS from the Liar and Chief! He created and signed into law what is coming! Op's looks like the GOP called your bluff Usurper!:rofl:

8. He knows this, and works it beautifully. Gotta give him that much.

9. EOS

EOS

Why is he all gung ho about avoiding sequestration cuts to the DoD now? Strange. I bet Lockheed Martin or General Atomics(guys that make the drones) slipped him a few dollars. It's all about the lobbyists, if they pay, no sequester.

Theres not going to be any sequestration because the niether the politicians nor their respective lobbyists have anything to gain, but alot to lose. I'll be shocked if sequestration takes effect, even then, it won't amount to a fart in a hurricane given the current level of spending.

#8 EOS, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  10. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

If I were a GOP member of Congress, I would mention this in EVERY SENTENCE I uttered regarding this debate. I would mention it so that NO sound bite could exclude it without obvious splicing. Because the MSM is damn sure sweeping this under the rug.

11. 2012 Enacted DOD budget $683 billion

I don't know what an average DOD employee makes...lets say $500/day (or a salary of $130,000/year)

Take the 22 days I read about in another thread...equals about $8.8 billion dollars

or about 1.3% of their 2012 budget

In other words, your fart in a hurricane analogy is about dead on.

Where they should be looking is the post office. How they can lose money year after year but UPS and FedEx seem to make a profit is apparently mind boggling to the federal government.

#10 pugman, Feb 21, 2013
  12. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

I think the total cost of employment average is $130,000, which makes them pretty close to the same as Microsoft. The salary is much lower.

Furloughs are supposedly going to be one day a week, or something similar. So there won't be a huge drop in anything but salary. The other benefits will stay the same, so total cost of employment won't be reduced by 20% for each employee, but the salary will.

#11 Cavalry Doc, Feb 21, 2013
  13. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Barry's doing some serious backpedaling right now, and as usual the press is making excuses for him.

The press falling all over themselves to protect him is what bothers me the most.

14. The Post Office used to lose a few million a year. The politicians answer to this was to privatize the Post Office.

This privatization was used so that the Post Office could buy itself back from the government. The money loser became a cash cow for the government. That is why stamps went from 13 cents to 52 cents. In the mean time the Post Office is still at the mercy of Congress who has not let them drop Saturday delivery etc. Obviously then it is not actually private. Post Office employees are much more efficient than you realize. UPS and Fed Ex are not saddled with the huge retirements nor are they required to deliver where it is economically a loser, so thy don't have delivery to just anywhere like the USPO. If we lose the Post Office we will lose big time.

#13 Vic Hays, Feb 21, 2013

15. If we lose it, and it is something people have a need for, a private company will come in and run it to make a profit. NOTHING is too big to fail.

16. Bammy is so hopelessly addicted to spending he can't even live with a 3% spending cut. The sky is falling now! How pathetic.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. EOS

EOS

I disagree, the post office is far from "essential".

A private company, such as UPS does a much better job of delivering any packages I send or recieve on time.
    Anytime the government sticks it's filthy, corrupt and inefficient hands into something the quality of that paticular service goes down.

One time I ordered my Mom a present for her birthday from Amazon and the only option was to send it through the USPS, they sent it back and forth from Lexington, KY to Los Angeles 4 times before they finally got it to my doorstep.

The month after that I ordered some grip force adapters and a safariland drop leg for my G21 and FedEx shipped it and it was here in a 4 days. Capitalism always wins.

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

The post office should be bankrupted, relieved of pension obligations and sold.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. No, you and I will pay for their pensions. Regardless.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

oh, i know

21. JudgeRoyBean

JudgeRoyBean NRA Life Member

Barry is a rank amateur. Has no clue or cares about anything else except his own well being. He has no business making any important decisions that affect the lives of the American people.