close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

barrels?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by AK71, Oct 30, 2010.

1. AK71

AK71

Sep 21, 2010
    Im looking to get a 18.5 inch barrel for my 870. Which one do recommend and why, improved choke or fixed cyl bore.....?

I would like tight buck shot groups from 4yrds to 12. This will be a HD.

What kind of groups have you gotten with your gun and what ranges

Thanks

2. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Best bang for your money is the 18.5" bead sight with I/C choke that comes on the 870 Police, part number 242243. They retail from Remington for $101.00. The only one they make with Cyl Bore with bead sight is the one that comes on the 870 Express HD and it retails from Remington for $131.00 as part number 242247

If you want the tightest patterns with buck shot go with the Modified choke and they make two. 18.5" with factory installed Tritium bead for $150, part number 242256 and the same barrel with rifle sights for $150.00 as part number 246825

chokes really don't matter at common inside HD distances as it is to close to even open up a load of buckshot. Once you step out of the house then it can so I go with Modified on all my weapons as I have out building to check. You can also find all these barrels on Gun Broker for a few bucks less then the Remington Retail price.

3. AK71

AK71

Sep 21, 2010
    Thanks. I seen these types of diff barrels,just needed some clarification

4. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    How tight? 4 yds and the right ammo WILL be tight.

At some point, You might as well get slugs...

5. sambeaux2249

sambeaux2249

Dec 4, 2006
    Louisiana
    Well.... I don't agree with this. Slugs overpenetrate... buckshot at short ranges may produce some very tight patterns.. but even if all the pellets are still touching each other when they hit the target, they will not ACT like a slug. A slug is ONE heavy piece of lead. A pile of buckshot is still individual shot.. they will deform and spread in the body where a slug will not. Besides, slugs cost more. LOL

Sam