close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Barrel Swap Sig P229

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by rooster76, Mar 21, 2011.

1. rooster76

rooster76

Mar 17, 2011
    Mr. Mas Ayoob,

I had the pleasure of meeting a friend of yours here in Sharana. It was a real pleasure to have been able to talk to him. He is a real class act and awesome guy! Based on his guidance he advised me to drop you a line if I ever need some additional help. Thank you in advance for your dedication to spreading your knowledge. I have been a big fan of some of your books for a long time.
    My question is in regards to the Sig Sauer p229 Elite Stainless. Can the .40 cal barrel be swapped for a .357 (sig) barrel? I am considering this as my concealed carry, and am curious on your thoughts about this.

v/r,
    rooster76

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Please give my best to our mutual friend.:wavey:

Simple barrel change should turn your P229 from .40 to .357 SIG and vice versa, using same springs and mags.

Watch out for changes in point of aim/point of impact. Interestingly -- and counterintuitively -- enough, a lot of folks have told me they didn't see a change in POA/POI when swapping between these two calibers in their SIGs.

best,
    Mas