close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Barrel cutting question.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by faceplant, Jan 7, 2010.

1. faceplant

faceplant

Feb 8, 2006
    I have a Remington Spartan 453 gas operatied semi-auto that I use for hunting. It has been very reliable and will handle 2 3/4 - 3 1/2 in shells. I have found that the Tacstar mag exstention will work on this gun and give a 9 round capacity. They are reasonably priced and I have thought of picking up another for home defense and cutting the barrel to 20" from 26. Has anyone cut down a semi-auto barrel and will cutting the barrel affect cycling?

2. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

May 8, 2004
    sticks
    There needs to be a certain amount of barrel length after the gas tap to build up enough pressure to cycle the action. I had to enlarge the opening on an 1100 after cutting one down, not knowing about this problem back then. If nobody else answers I will describe it much better later but flying out the door now. Just didn't want you to start cutting until you got some warning. Sorry